PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please tell me what i did wrong? ( AMD)

BlackThought
04-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Im yet to see a clear cut tutorial for a AMD install. so im really lost.

Im using iATKOS S3 v2.0 Snow Leopard10.6.7 if that helps.
When i customize i enabled qoopz 10.3 and evo enabler. Ive tried to install this before and got the same thing, so i tried enabling those two things to see if it would make a difference...but they didnt.:(

Ive tried booting with arch=i386 busratio=(15 and 16) -v
^ But it doesnt work unless i add -x for some reason, if i don't add -x i'll get stuck at "ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to to full-secure"

Ok so i googled, it said disable Firewire in BIOS, i did that, no dice.

My BIOS settings that i change (was told to)
onchip sata type = AHCI
onchip sata port 4/5 type = as SATA type
onboard GSata/IDE=AHCI
onboard ESata mode =AHCI

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/4-2.png http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/3-1.png http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/2-1.png http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/1-1.png

Any help would be appreciated, id really like to have this working :)

chitchit
04-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Im yet to see a clear cut tutorial for a AMD install. so im really lost.

Im using iATKOS S3 v2.0 Snow Leopard10.6.7 if that helps.
When i customize i enabled qoopz 10.3 and evo enabler. Ive tried to install this before and got the same thing, so i tried enabling those two things to see if it would make a difference...but they didnt.:(

Ive tried booting with arch=i386 busratio=(15 and 16) -v
^ But it doesnt work unless i add -x for some reason, if i don't add -x i'll get stuck at "ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to to full-secure"

Ok so i googled, it said disable Firewire in BIOS, i did that, no dice.

My BIOS settings that i change (was told to)
onchip sata type = AHCI
onchip sata port 4/5 type = as SATA type
onboard GSata/IDE=AHCI
onboard ESata mode =AHCI

*clip*

Any help would be appreciated, id really like to have this working :)

If I boot my leopard laptop in verbose, I get that error. What is actually stopping you is your graphics. You need to work on those. That's the last thing to load.

BlackThought
04-22-2011, 02:04 AM
work on it how? detail my man details:D

chitchit
04-22-2011, 02:20 AM
I'm not sure. I just think your gfx aren't loading. Whether you need to enable graphicsenabler, or if you need to use a injection string, or a kext, I can't say. google "(video card) snow leopard hackintosh" and see what they did to get it working.

BlackThought
04-22-2011, 02:48 AM
thanks for the suggestions, i'll try this out tonight check back im sure i'll mess something up along the way and need you lmao

BlackThought
04-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Im gettinga DOS screen ive never seen before.

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v2.0-RC5pre11AnVAL2 r171:172
VESA v3.0 16MB (ATI ATOMBIOS)
hd(0,1) OSX

If i select the HDD and press enter, it just reboots.

i tried -x and -v got a reboot as well

BlackThought
04-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Im gettinga DOS screen ive never seen before.

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v2.0-RC5pre11AnVAL2 r171:172
hd(0,1) OSX

If i select the HDD and press enter, it just reboots.

i tried -x and -v got a reboot as well

Tried again with a diff boot loader selected, got the same thing, just reboots over and over.:(

chitchit
04-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Use the latest chameleon you can find. it boots fine.

BlackThought
04-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Some type of progress atleast, but still a huge problem i guess.

When i boot, i get this screen

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v2.0-RC5pre12 r115
Build date 2010-2-24
4092MB memory
hd(0,1) MAC

If i hit enter it just reboots.

If i put arch=i386 busratio -x -v or without the -x i can boot.

But, why do i have to put that in just to boot?

And i checked the wireless option to be installed. but the wifi isnt working? i miss something?
And my graphics isnt maxed its stuck at 1024x768

Good to see the desktop atleast lol

Ok EDIT: Another problem, i had both , well it was default, the audio options were checked during custom screen, but when i try and play a file with itunes i get no sound, and the speed seems to be stuck on fast forward if i try and play something.

Thanks in advance for help

chitchit
04-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Some type of progress atleast, but still a huge problem i guess.

When i boot, i get this screen

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v2.0-RC5pre12 r115
Build date 2010-2-24
4092MB memory
hd(0,1) MAC

If i hit enter it just reboots.

If i put arch=i386 busratio -x -v or without the -x i can boot.

But, why do i have to put that in just to boot?

And i checked the wireless option to be installed. but the wifi isnt working? i miss something?
And my graphics isnt maxed its stuck at 1024x768

Good to see the desktop atleast lol

Ok EDIT: Another problem, i had both , well it was default, the audio options were checked during custom screen, but when i try and play a file with itunes i get no sound, and the speed seems to be stuck on fast forward if i try and play something.

Thanks in advance for help

You may not have a compatible wifi card. What is it? GFX, what is the card? And for music, do you get some sound? What is the model of the audio?

And then for the boot flags, (thats the -v arch=i386 busratio -x)
heres what everything means:
-v is verbose mode. you can leave this off, and instead of it having the scrolling words, it'll boot with just the apple. but you want to use this until at least you have everything worked out.
arch=i386 is what you need to boot with. this boots into 32-bit mode. to stop from having to type this in everytime you boot up, go to the root of your hard drive, and then go to /Library/Preferences/SystemCongfiguration then click com.boot.apple.plist and add this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
If there is already a kernel flag key, then add the second one. Then you should be good without typing that.

And busratio shouldn't affect it, because you have to specify a number, so I have no clue what the effect is with no number.

let me know.

EDIT: Oh and -x is safe mode. Don't use it unless you have to.

BlackThought
04-24-2011, 09:05 AM
You may not have a compatible wifi card. What is it? GFX, what is the card? And for music, do you get some sound? What is the model of the audio?

Wifi = Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g Wireless Network Adapter PCI
Wired=Realtek RTL8168D/8111D PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (PHY: Realtek RTL8211/8212) PCI

GPU= ATI Radeon HD 5770

Got no sound. itunes would crash, and the music appeared to be in fast forward mode when i played something.

How can i boot in 64bit mode? if possible? or is it not like windows with the 4GB ram +1GB GPU issue

chitchit
04-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Wifi = Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g Wireless Network Adapter PCI
Wired=Realtek RTL8168D/8111D PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (PHY: Realtek RTL8211/8212) PCI

GPU= ATI Radeon HD 5770

Got no sound. itunes would crash, and the music appeared to be in fast forward mode when i played something.

How can i boot in 64bit mode? if possible? or is it not like windows with the 4GB ram +1GB GPU issue

Boot with arch=i386 -force64 And you'll be fine. It's not like windows with the limitations.

For wifi, 3 people here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.6.3/Portables have your card. 1 has it working. download the kext he used here: http://uploading.com/files/94fm2e33/IO80211Family.kext.zip/

For LAN/ethernet: use RealtekR1000SL.kext and you'll be good. google if its not a regular kext.

for your gpu: here: http://netkas.org/?p=465

What else works and doesn't work? I'll be more than glad to help with anything else.

And if you don't mind my asking, what is your chipset, and what method did you use to install? (And did you add any kexts for your chipset?)

EDIT: For sounds, use voodoohda if that's not what you have. other then that I'm not super sure. I have yet to get far enough where I have to work on that. On my laptop, sound worked natively, and then I'm still trying to install on my desktop.

BlackThought
04-27-2011, 09:00 AM
crap i uninstalled it and went back to windows.

I tried ti install it again just now and i must have selected the wrong options, give me some time before i try again.

I appreciate the help seriously:)

chitchit
04-27-2011, 03:45 PM
crap i uninstalled it and went back to windows.

I tried ti install it again just now and i must have selected the wrong options, give me some time before i try again.

I appreciate the help seriously:)

Of course! Let me know what you get.

Just out of curiosity, how are you installing it?

BlackThought
04-27-2011, 09:36 PM
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/11/screenshot20100612at656.png
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/5766/screenshot20100612at657.png
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5766/screenshot20100612at657.png

Chameleon v2 RC5 Bootloader
32 bit boot
qoopz 10.3.0 Modified Kernel
AHCI SATA
Atheros

The rest i leave unchanged except unselecting the default bootloader

chitchit
04-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Chameleon v2 RC5 Bootloader
32 bit boot
qoopz 10.3.0 Modified Kernel
AHCI SATA
Atheros

The rest i leave unchanged except unselecting the default bootloader

Hm. Sometime if you have that back in, can you tell me the description for ahci sata? I'm trying to figure out which to use. And do you know your chipset type?

And let me know if you need more help.

BlackThought
04-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Hm. Sometime if you have that back in, can you tell me the description for ahci sata? I'm trying to figure out which to use. And do you know your chipset type?

And let me know if you need more help.
http://picrpicr.com/image-AE70_4DB8A4D2.jpg

Said something like turns on ACHI from bios , something like that, i'll give you the exact description when i try again, maybe tonight or tomorro night.

chitchit
04-28-2011, 03:04 AM
http://picrpicr.com/image-AE70_4DB8A4D2.jpg

Said something like turns on ACHI from bios , something like that, i'll give you the exact description when i try again, maybe tonight or tomorro night.

Alright thanks. And what kext do you use for the chipset? Just ahci sata? Don't you need like appleatiata.kext or something?

BlackThought
04-28-2011, 03:07 AM
lol man I have no clue.

I only picked that AHCI because it looked like something i need lol

Now i wish i had gotten a Intel CPU, because all the tutorials and support threads seem to be about those.

And the guy i got iAtkos has it running on a AMD but he's terrible at support and won't go in depth with the answers...most i got was boot with arch=i386 blah blah,.

chitchit
04-28-2011, 03:15 AM
lol man I have no clue.

I only picked that AHCI because it looked like something i need lol

Now i wish i had gotten a Intel CPU, because all the tutorials and support threads seem to be about those.

And the guy i got iAtkos has it running on a AMD but he's terrible at support and won't go in depth with the answers...most i got was boot with arch=i386 blah blah,.

Are you able to install it, and then turn it on like regular? And you can see the desktop and everything?

I believe you do need ahci sata, btw.

What other questions do you have?

BlackThought
04-28-2011, 03:19 AM
Ive always picked the ACHI mode thing. (Even went thru the trouble of switching my windows 7 to aci since it wouldnt boot at first)

But i'll try and install it again within the next two hours.

Gonna try the links you showed me with the wifi

In the end, i will dual boot both:)

chitchit
04-28-2011, 03:29 AM
Ive always picked the ACHI mode thing. (Even went thru the trouble of switching my windows 7 to aci since it wouldnt boot at first)

But i'll try and install it again within the next two hours.

Gonna try the links you showed me with the wifi

In the end, i will dual boot both:)

yeah good. keep doing it. are you able to boot into OSX? I realize its not perfect, but can you actually get in, and see the desktop and apps and stuff?

and alright let me know what happens, I'm going to sleep, I'll be back sometime tomorrow.

and yeah, I have XP and Leopard dualbooting since my laptop can't handle better. but its great.

BlackThought
04-28-2011, 03:36 AM
Yes i could actually get in but i had to use some flags to boot, thats why i asked would i have to type that every time, but you answered it perfectly.

Issues i had was wifi and itunes crashing with no sounds, hopefully the drivers you posted will solve that.

If there are no ram limitations on OSX then i'll stick with 32 bit unless theres something i dont know about.

chitchit
04-28-2011, 03:46 AM
Yes i could actually get in but i had to use some flags to boot, thats why i asked would i have to type that every time, but you answered it perfectly.

Issues i had was wifi and itunes crashing with no sounds, hopefully the drivers you posted will solve that.

If there are no ram limitations on OSX then i'll stick with 32 bit unless theres something i dont know about.

The sound will be harder. That will require a bit of testing. But that should fix the wifi for you.

And so you when you booted the iatkos s3 v2 cd, did it just load straight through? Or did you have to use any commands to get to it? I'm trying to figure this out, because when I try to load it, I get an error about ACPI, and I have a similar board.

BlackThought
04-28-2011, 06:23 AM
No it boots just fine.

I had to put my CD drive in the correct sata plug tho, for some reason it only works on port 4 and 5, and theres a option in my BIOS that says port 4/5 IDE or as SATA type, CD drive only works as IDE mode.

Anyway back on topic...

Yes i can boot just fine..

put the CD in...it goes to the screen sayins press any key or F8 to change startup options.

It won't boot correctly if i just hit enter

chitchit
04-28-2011, 01:27 PM
No it boots just fine.

I had to put my CD drive in the correct sata plug tho, for some reason it only works on port 4 and 5, and theres a option in my BIOS that says port 4/5 IDE or as SATA type, CD drive only works as IDE mode.

Anyway back on topic...

Yes i can boot just fine..

put the CD in...it goes to the screen sayins press any key or F8 to change startup options.

It won't boot correctly if i just hit enter

what do you do instead of hitting enter? You hit f8 and type what?

BlackThought
04-28-2011, 01:29 PM
I type in the arch=i386 busratio=16 -v -x

corrado891
04-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Your main problem is your kernel. when you boot up, download and install this: http://dl.nawcom.com/legacy_kernel-10.7.0.pkg.zip

Nawcom has created a kernel install package for us AMD users that patches all sorts of things including the busratio problem so you don't have to boot with that flag. Also a lot of the problems that would have normally been fixed with Marvin's AMD utility has been fixed with this package alone.

The only thing you will need to do afterwards is open up your applications folder and right click on safari and press get info. In that, check the run in 32 bit mode box. A 64-bit fix for safari on our machines has not been worked out yet.

As for sound, just try different kexts related to your mobo. Search for your specific modo model on the various HCLs around the community - someone has it working somewhere.

Thank Nawcom, Netkas, AndyVand, Rominator, BlackKnight, and a slew of others that have made running osx86 on AMDs. If you run into more problems search for these names on this forum, or head over to nawcom's blog or netkas' site. You will find everything you need.

BlackThought
04-28-2011, 06:15 PM
thanks for the tip, will try it once i get it working again...i did something wrong and now im hving issues lol

EDIT: man this is pissing me off.

My 4th time today installing, i DON"T know what i enabled/disabled at first to get it booting to the desktop, but now im back to step 0

bear with me folks...

chitchit
04-28-2011, 11:57 PM
thanks for the tip, will try it once i get it working again...i did something wrong and now im hving issues lol

EDIT: man this is pissing me off.

My 4th time today installing, i DON"T know what i enabled/disabled at first to get it booting to the desktop, but now im back to step 0

bear with me folks...

Yeah if you get it to the desktop, definitly don't get rid of it. Boot -v, and then tell me where it stops. The last couple of lines if it just freezes, or if it kernel panics, what it is.

BlackThought
04-29-2011, 05:27 AM
tried all morning with no luck.

I'll try again in a few once i backup my game hdd

chitchit
04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
tried all morning with no luck.

I'll try again in a few once i backup my game hdd

Alright let me know.

corrado891
04-29-2011, 11:21 PM
If you're up for some work, follow this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=201330

Only catch is you'll need 10.5 up and working first.

OR..........

I hope talking about distros here doesn't get me in trouble with the moderators, but it might be the only way to get you up and running.

Get a hold of Hazards distro. Just google it. Either put it on a usb drive and boot from it, or burn it to a DVD. When it starts loading, press F8 and enter the following flags: -v busratio=20

When you get to the installation section, press customize. The only things you should have checked are the following:

Choose the latest chameleon build available under bootloaders
Evoreboot
Choose the lan kext that matches your specs closest

Honestly, thats all you need.

After install upon first boot, enter the following flags: -v busratio=20

This should at least get you in. Your resolution will probably be locked at 1024x768 and your sound won't work, but you should at least have an internet connection. Once at this point, download the combo update for 10.6.7 and the file I mentioned before from nawcom. Open up the nawcom package and let it sit. Install the combo update...do not press restart. Install the nawcom package and then restart.

This time, you don't need the busratio flag.

This should get you to 10.6.7. At this point, back up the entire partition to another disk in case you run into trouble later - at least you'll have a working install ready to go. Search for others with your specs for kexts/solutions for your video card, sound, and other stuff. You'll probably want to update chameleon at least.

Good luck.

BlackThought
05-01-2011, 04:26 AM
I'll try hazards.

Had a problem with my external that has a lot of data that i need on it, so all my attention was on that sorry guys.

Will be sorted shortly.

BlackThought
05-02-2011, 08:36 AM
This is a wonderful time to be out of blank DVDs..just AMAZING timing..like only me.

Is there any way to install this from a USB, i downloaded Hazards DVD and am ready to try it...but...no blanks!

EDIT: found a guide, gonna try and restore it to a external USB and install from there.

Another side mission, im not giving up lmao

BlackThought
05-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Well i've been at this a good 7 hours straight trying to figure out how to make a USB bootable with Hazard.... *shrugs* bout ready to throw in the towel on mac.

BlackThought
05-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Finally made the USB bootable...figured out how to use the iAtkos CD to install chameleon to the USB so i could boot into it. everything went well until i tried to install.

tried cpus=1 and 4 with and without busratio 16 and 20 with and without -v and -x, always leads to this

sorry about the quality. i took as many as i could before the batteries gave out

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0015.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0014.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0013.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0012.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0011.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0010.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0009.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0008.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0007.jpg

durkmusic
05-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Just got done installing 10.6.7 for AMD. Went the same route you did. Spent weeks dealing with so many different methods and finally found one that works. Nawcom 3.1. You also need the retail dvd ($30) works like a charm.

If you need help, pm me.

BlackThought
05-06-2011, 07:20 AM
BTW i installed the iatkos, i finally gotit to boot in safe mode, i tried the kernel that was suggested , it made the apple screen show up when i booted but it freezes at the white/gray screen with the apple logo, and some type of status bar spins, then stops

durkmusic
05-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Like I said, I've been through iAtkos... waste of time. Do nawcom with retail. It's probably the only way you will get that system to accept SL 10.6.7

chitchit
05-07-2011, 04:52 AM
BTW i installed the iatkos, i finally gotit to boot in safe mode, i tried the kernel that was suggested , it made the apple screen show up when i booted but it freezes at the white/gray screen with the apple logo, and some type of status bar spins, then stops

boot -v and see what the error is. You probably need kexts for your chipset.

corrado891
05-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah, the reason I said try with Hazard was because I knew the integrated bootloader included in it will at least boot with the flags I specified on AMD (SB700 anyway). So I think when you installed chameleon on the USB, it modified it.

I never tried Nawcom's boot with a retail DVD, but considering he creates really nice kernels for AMD's, I'm sure it is the best way to go.

Sorry this is giving you so much trouble. Stick with it...the payoff is pretty fun! I'd pick up some more blank DVDs if getting the USB drive to boot is giving you trouble.

BlackThought
05-09-2011, 10:57 PM
I appreciate the help folks, just keep a subscription on this thread so you'll know when i reply.

Im still trying to get some blanks.

BlackThought
05-24-2011, 04:12 AM
Hey folks finally got some blank DVDs:p

Gonna try this again tonight just as soon as my files are done backing up.

BlackThought
05-26-2011, 09:36 AM
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0008-1.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0007-1.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0006-1.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0005-1.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0004-1.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0003-1.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0002-1.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0001-1.jpg

Heres what im doing.

I burned the Hazard 10.6.6 DVD , when i put it in no matter what flags i boot with nothing will get it to the installations screen.

I put in the nawcomm CD and it gets my to the installation, has stuff preselected too (except a bootloader like chameleon)

I use nawcom and everything says it installed fine, but when i reboot, im stuck at the apple logo with a kernel panic

==============

Also tried Hazard 10.62

cant get it to boot with flags

Tried the nawcom CD with it and the screen went crazy and stopped

=============

Heres the flags i try
-v
-v -x
arch=i386 busratio=20 or 16 -v
arch=i386 busratio=20 or 16 -v -x
busratio=20 or 16 -v

durkmusic
05-26-2011, 07:10 PM
I hate the still waiting for rood device error lol

After you install with nawcom do you boot with nawcom? You may still need to boot with nawcom until you get everything setup to boot with chameleon. So try booting with nawcom after you installed it.

Other boot commands you might have to try:
-f
-v
-force64
busration=xx
cpus=x
maxmem=4096
arch=i386

but you should be able to boot with the nawcom boot cd without any problems. I personally have to boot with -force64 but that's it. You may not even need a boot flag.

BlackThought
05-27-2011, 06:45 AM
How do you boot with the nawcomm CD

When it usually starts up i have the option to swap out the CD with leopard and a few other things that i never tried.

Do i use boot flags?

BlackThought
05-27-2011, 12:13 PM
sigh.
Just tried booting with the nawcomm CD.

Heres the thing, i can boot from a CD with all my ports set to SATA in my BIOS with no problem, when i install a OS it won't let me, but if i change it to IDE i can boot into the CD

So, i installed it and let nawcomm select everything.
Then i tried booting with the CD, it skips the CD, even tho my CD drive botos first and i tried manually selecting it via F12, no luck.

Change my port 4-5 to IDE and the CD boots up, but , now im getting a "Still waiting for root device" message :'(

durkmusic
05-28-2011, 02:31 AM
I use IDE mode. It works perfectly fine. You might want to try AHCI mode for your SATA. If not, IDE should work. When you boot from the nawcom cd, you put it in, boot form cd, select the hard drive partition with mac osx on it, and thats all. You may want to enter some boot flags to get it working but try none at first. If that doesn't work you will have to reinstall. Check my other post to see how I got mine working. It may help.

http://osx86.co/f57/trouble-booting-sl-10-6-7-amd-t7173/page2.html

BlackThought
05-28-2011, 02:56 AM
thanks ill try and install it with IDE mode

BlackThought
05-28-2011, 04:26 AM
Well that was short lived.

Trying to install it with my port 4-5 in IDE reulsts in a "double panic"

Im gonna try the retail disc, if that doesnt work im giving up on mac =\

durkmusic
05-28-2011, 09:43 PM
To be honest it is just better to buy a mac unless u are like an expert at this stuff. There are hardly any people out there to help you and they never have time to help. I even offer to pay people to help me and they refuse. It is extremely frustrating.

BlackThought
05-29-2011, 12:04 AM
Buying a mac is out of the question, they're too expensive.

Tried restoring a retail DMG using the disk utility and even that didnt work.

I tried at least...thanks for everyone tryin to help..

chitchit
05-30-2011, 03:10 AM
Buying a mac is out of the question, they're too expensive.

Tried restoring a retail DMG using the disk utility and even that didnt work.

I tried at least...thanks for everyone tryin to help..

Hey bro I'll try to help. Sorry I dropped off. What's going on now?

BlackThought
05-30-2011, 03:13 AM
Tried to install with Hazard 10.6.6 with Nawcomm and it doesnt work
Tried nawcom with 10.6.2 it wont boot at all even without it.
I get a "double kernel panic" when i select IDE mode on port 4-5 in BIOS

chitchit
05-31-2011, 09:30 PM
Tried to install with Hazard 10.6.6 with Nawcomm and it doesnt work
Tried nawcom with 10.6.2 it wont boot at all even without it.
I get a "double kernel panic" when i select IDE mode on port 4-5 in BIOS

Can you install it like you had it, where you can at least booting to the desktop? If you do that, that's the hardest part.

BlackThought
06-01-2011, 12:36 AM
aw man, that damn iAtkos lol

This will take me a week atleast to figure out the right combo of what i had.:eek:

Give me a while to get it back, ill start tonight.

chitchit
06-01-2011, 12:47 AM
aw man, that damn iAtkos lol

This will take me a week atleast to figure out the right combo of what i had.:eek:

Give me a while to get it back, ill start tonight.

Alright let me know!

BlackThought
06-01-2011, 06:23 AM
wow first try with nawcom+ iatkos

only thing i changed was the bootloader PC_EFI

Im doing the registration thing right now so i wont count my eggs before they hatch

==============

Update: Appears to freeze on startup, the apple shows but the spinning wheel type thing stops, i'll give it some time to see if it ever finishes
2. Graphics stuck at low res, need to know how to change that.
3.Tried playing a CD but didnt hear a sound from my speakers, VoodooHDA was checked automatically btw.
4.Wireless drivers

Will post up more later if it loads...if not ill reinstall and keep the PC on until yall tell me what to do:)

Update: 10 minutes later still frozen on that screen, just tried to boot with nawcom and it freezes on the logo screen too=\

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh boyyyyyyyyyyy

I can boot with arch=i386 -v, without that i can't boot.

Still have those other issues tho.

cmon where are yall....only weirdos need sleep! lmao
==========

Update
in response to this post
http://osx86.co/f57/can-someone-please-tell-me-what-i-did-t7122/post53781.html

Im trying to add the flag to the plist file, but its telling me i can't save it, i edited the permission and it's still telling me no?

akimoa
06-01-2011, 09:19 AM
save it on desktop and after drag it back in extra wait for password prompt and you fine

BlackThought
06-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

wifi works i guess after isntalling the kext posted early on;) said there was a problem at first but the assistant solved it i guess.

Now on to the rest :D

===========

Update

tried this http://netkas.org/?p=465 like suggested.

Doesnt work for me, and it says i need two displays i only have one=\

BlackThought
06-01-2011, 04:15 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I just tried the Harard SL cd with nawcom like before , booted with arch=i386 busratio=16 (JUST LIKE BEFORE) and it booted!

But:'( it plays the intro that i never seen,and my SOUND even works, but it says my keyboard isnt plugged in? and i cna't move my mouse, tried repluggin both with no luck

F'n great, tried rebooting the PC since it didnt detect now its giving me a still waiting for root device msg

=============

So which should we tackle, the iatkos that doesnt have my graphics drivers or the hazard CD that seems to detect my native resolution(1920x1080p with sound) but no keyboard working.

?

chitchit
06-01-2011, 11:12 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I just tried the Harard SL cd with nawcom like before , booted with arch=i386 busratio=16 (JUST LIKE BEFORE) and it booted!

But:'( it plays the intro that i never seen,and my SOUND even works, but it says my keyboard isnt plugged in? and i cna't move my mouse, tried repluggin both with no luck

F'n great, tried rebooting the PC since it didnt detect now its giving me a still waiting for root device msg

=============

So which should we tackle, the iatkos that doesnt have my graphics drivers or the hazard CD that seems to detect my native resolution(1920x1080p with sound) but no keyboard working.

?

Is it a usb or ps2 keyboard? If it's usb, does a usb flash drive work? If its ps2, try installing voodoo ps2 kext.

BlackThought
06-02-2011, 01:06 AM
USB keyboard and mouse

If need be can i setup using a ps2 mouse and then down the line get my USB stuff working?

Ill try what you suggested now tho.

chitchit
06-02-2011, 01:28 AM
USB keyboard and mouse

If need be can i setup using a ps2 mouse and then down the line get my USB stuff working?

Ill try what you suggested now tho.

See if any usb devices work.

BlackThought
06-02-2011, 02:19 AM
OKay i get
ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
still waiting for root device.

ps2 keyboard and USB mouse.:'(

chitchit
06-02-2011, 02:31 AM
OKay i get
still waiting for root device.

ps2 keyboard and USB mouse.:'(

When booting? Give it a ton of time- 10ish minutes. Can you boot when you unplug them? I would try to fix the USB. Do any other devices work?

BlackThought
06-02-2011, 03:29 AM
okay ill give it a lot of time.

and when i got to the screen nothing worked, the USB had the caps light on the mouse had the optical light on but wouldnt move.

chitchit
06-02-2011, 03:52 AM
okay ill give it a lot of time.

and when i got to the screen nothing worked, the USB had the caps light on the mouse had the optical light on but wouldnt move.

Can you try a flash drive though?

And do you have any way you can add files to it, like kexts, or run installers? That would require probably another OS X install somewhere.

If not, I would install the other one, without the qe/ci, and we can see about enabling it.

BlackThought
06-02-2011, 04:00 AM
Can you try a flash drive though?

And do you have any way you can add files to it, like kexts, or run installers? That would require probably another OS X install somewhere.

If not, I would install the other one, without the qe/ci, and we can see about enabling it.
I have a flash drive.

Now how would i add kexts to it...simply drag it to the flash? lol

speak english!

BlackThought
06-02-2011, 04:22 AM
ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream
Still waiting for root device.

going on 7 minutes now.

========

rebooted with flags and it doesnt say still waiting for root device but it does have ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream 3 times in a row, when i press enter this is when i get still waiting for root device

chitchit
06-03-2011, 01:38 AM
ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream
Still waiting for root device.

going on 7 minutes now.

========

rebooted with flags and it doesnt say still waiting for root device but it does have ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream 3 times in a row, when i press enter this is when i get still waiting for root device

Do you have a UUID kext?

BlackThought
06-03-2011, 03:00 AM
ummmmmmmmmm

Whats that? :D

BlackThought
06-03-2011, 02:30 PM
HUGE update
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0002-3.jpg

I plugged in a PS2 keyboard while it was booting, it gave me the message about time out, i plugged in a USB keyboard and hit enter and some more words popped up and then it booted, i was able to complete the post-installation steps that ask for user name and password using keyboard only (USB one) my mouse is still un-movable, its stuck in my top left corner =\

Anything i can do with keyboard only?

BTW my resolution (default) is at my TV's native 1920x1080p !:'(

so so close........and yes i had to use boot flags

Another update

@#$@#^#$#$%^

Rebooted to see if the thing would load and detect my keyboard...NOPE! it boots to the OSX login screen that wants my password, but my keyboard isnt being detected...im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close man.

i use busratio=16 -v -x to boot and everything goes fine except the input devices =\

chitchit
06-04-2011, 06:06 PM
HUGE update
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/DBM-901/IMG_0002-3.jpg

I plugged in a PS2 keyboard while it was booting, it gave me the message about time out, i plugged in a USB keyboard and hit enter and some more words popped up and then it booted, i was able to complete the post-installation steps that ask for user name and password using keyboard only (USB one) my mouse is still un-movable, its stuck in my top left corner =\

Anything i can do with keyboard only?

BTW my resolution (default) is at my TV's native 1920x1080p !:'(

so so close........and yes i had to use boot flags

Another update

@#$@#^#$#$%^

Rebooted to see if the thing would load and detect my keyboard...NOPE! it boots to the OSX login screen that wants my password, but my keyboard isnt being detected...im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close man.

i use busratio=16 -v -x to boot and everything goes fine except the input devices =\

Boot without the -x and see what happens. That is safe mode. Which may disable USB. Try with busratio=16 and -v and let me know what happens.

BlackThought
06-04-2011, 06:15 PM
with busratio=16 -v i get a diff hue of gray sreen with white text, last few lines are

ACPI table not found DSDT.aml
No DSDT found using 0 as uid value
Using PCI-Root-UID value 0

chitchit
06-04-2011, 11:31 PM
with busratio=16 -v i get a diff hue of gray sreen with white text, last few lines are

ACPI table not found DSDT.aml
No DSDT found using 0 as uid value
Using PCI-Root-UID value 0

Hm. Try booting with wait=yes and see if as soon as you hit something it reboots. That is what happens right?

BlackThought
06-05-2011, 12:41 AM
do you mean busratio=16 wait=yes -v or simply wait=yes ?

with busratio=16 wait =yes i get still waiting for root device

with wait=yes i get this

http://bigpichost.com/files/capture_1jmvhc4x.png

gear is still spinning tho.

chitchit
06-05-2011, 02:58 AM
do you mean busratio=16 wait=yes -v or simply wait=yes ?

with busratio=16 wait =yes i get still waiting for root device

with wait=yes i get this

http://bigpichost.com/files/capture_1jmvhc4x.png

gear is still spinning tho.

I mean Wait=Yes -v busratio=16 and just for the heck of it -f

What does that do?

BlackThought
06-05-2011, 03:51 AM
wait=yes busratio=16 -v gets me here

http://bigpichost.com/files/1_8x5nfz9_kq22nzvu.jpg
press a key and then
kernel panic
http://bigpichost.com/files/img____8_zvl635nu.jpg

-f -v gets me to a still waiting for device
:'( lmao, maybe it's just not meant to be??????????

chitchit
06-05-2011, 04:40 AM
wait=yes busratio=16 -v gets me here

http://bigpichost.com/files/1_8x5nfz9_kq22nzvu.jpg
press a key and then
kernel panic
http://bigpichost.com/files/img____8_zvl635nu.jpg

-f -v gets me to a still waiting for device
:'( lmao, maybe it's just not meant to be??????????

Reinstall, and don't select voodoohda or any audio kexts. and uninstall any that are seleceted by default. they are causing the kernel panic.

If you work with me, we should be able to do this!

BlackThought
06-05-2011, 04:43 AM
You got it....

I have yahoo if you're willing to use that.

Reinstalling it now tho give me 25 mins to finish

BlackThought
06-05-2011, 05:44 AM
No audio selected
-v = still waiting for device

arch=i386 busratio=16 -v = last line says identified as RTL8168D/8111D Still waiting for root device

busratio-16 -v = last line says **Device in slot : SLOT-1** then Still waiting for root device

arch=i386 -v = still waiting for root device.

Booting with nawcom CD ( just selecting OSX partition and not using any flags) = Still waiting for root device.

Idk if you can tell on the crappy images or not but why does it always say failed to load ket com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI, got a feeling my USB will not work in safe mode.

Dam ......the Hazard CD has the graphics working atleast, but i cant use it....the old iAtkos doesnt have graphics or sound but it boots atleast with flags....lmao:'(

Hey for the record when i format my drive im supposed to be using MBR instead of GUID right? because ive been doing MBR the whole time.

chitchit
06-05-2011, 08:49 PM
No audio selected
-v = still waiting for device

arch=i386 busratio=16 -v = last line says identified as RTL8168D/8111D Still waiting for root device

busratio-16 -v = last line says **Device in slot : SLOT-1** then Still waiting for root device

arch=i386 -v = still waiting for root device.

Booting with nawcom CD ( just selecting OSX partition and not using any flags) = Still waiting for root device.

Idk if you can tell on the crappy images or not but why does it always say failed to load ket com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI, got a feeling my USB will not work in safe mode.

Dam ......the Hazard CD has the graphics working atleast, but i cant use it....the old iAtkos doesnt have graphics or sound but it boots atleast with flags....lmao:'(

Hey for the record when i format my drive im supposed to be using MBR instead of GUID right? because ive been doing MBR the whole time.

Do you have another osx install or a mac or some way to access the files from the install? If so, it would be simple to just grab the extentions from one install and add it to another.

BlackThought
06-06-2011, 01:56 AM
dont have a mac, if there are other distros that may work ill try em, anything but the retail, i don't have a DL disk:'(

chitchit
06-06-2011, 02:22 AM
dont have a mac, if there are other distros that may work ill try em, anything but the retail, i don't have a DL disk:'(

Well. I guess if you can't get to the desktop, I would install the one you can get to the desktop and we can try to fix it from there.

BlackThought
06-06-2011, 02:42 AM
okay ill install the iatkos right now

chitchit
06-06-2011, 02:48 AM
okay ill install the iatkos right now

Alright. Then boot with busratio=16 -v and let me know what happens.

BlackThought
06-06-2011, 04:24 AM
busratio=16 -v gets me still waiting for root device

arch=i386 busratio=16 -v gets me booted

Im not turning this thing off until you tell me what to do lol..............

chitchit
06-06-2011, 11:38 AM
busratio=16 -v gets me still waiting for root device

arch=i386 busratio=16 -v gets me booted

Im not turning this thing off until you tell me what to do lol..............

What works and what doesn't? Like qe/ci audio, etc.

And go to the root of your hard drive, and see if you have an extra folder.

BlackThought
06-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Im not sure what you mean with QE/CI i googled it but i don't know how to see if thats enabled/working ? is it some unnecesary term for graphics? if so then no it's not working

Wifi isnt working outt he box but the drivers you gave me solved that

And audio doesnt work.

BlackThought
06-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Okay man i wanna thank everyone for trying, but im gonna throw in the towel with mac, gonna just install Ubuntu and call it a day. my comp has been down too much trying to tinker with this.

Unless theres some major break thru that happens, im calling it a day:'(

rblevins4130
06-10-2011, 11:17 AM
get nwacoms usb and a retail 10.6.3 dmg and put it on a 8 gig flash......pop it in i t will autodetect everything for you1try that ! other than some hackled up copy!

chitchit
06-10-2011, 07:39 PM
get nwacoms usb and a retail 10.6.3 dmg and put it on a 8 gig flash......pop it in i t will autodetect everything for you1try that ! other than some hackled up copy!

You definitly have to be lucky for everything to work off the bat. While doable, this requires work.

ozziesironman
06-10-2011, 08:37 PM
I had the same issues you have when i was trying to get snow leopard on my AMD. i was about to give up. try this.

install retail from nawcom cd, once its installed (u said it boots right?) then go back into windows, and install the trial of macdrive. (i bought the program, its a GREAT program to have, it lets you access your mac disks from windows) reboot and voila your mac drive will show up in windows, allowing you to add or remove files. (including drivers(kexts))

find out what chipset you have (if its an AMD.. its either a Via, nForce, or AMD chipset).
go to www.kexts.com and look in the downloads section at the chipsets. select the one for your particular chipset. keep in mind this is ONLY the IDE/SATA, northbridge and southbridge, or whatever, and NOT your USB or anything. drag the kext (make sure you open the .zip but NOT the .kext (as in windows u can open the .kext and it will look like text files). drag the .KEXT into the /Extra/Extensions folder.

Then, for your USB. i had good luck with VOODOOUSB. play with different ones. (also gotten from kexts.com. )

then go into the extra folder and open the com.apple.boot.plist file. if GraphicsEnabler is enabled (it will look like GraphicsEnabler then under it y.). either get rid of that line altogether (shouldnt say ANYTHING about graphics enabler) or put n instead of y. heres a SAMPLE one from my amd hack. i edited it for stuff that SHOULD get you booting and able to use mouse and keyboard.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>n</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>legacy_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 -v -force64 maxmem=2048</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>SMBIOSdefaults</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

when you save it, MAKE SURE YOU SAVE IT AS ALL FILES, NOT TEXT.
dont even worry about graphics or audio, we'll get it. i will help u as much as i can, since im off work for another week, maybe even 2.

when you install snow leopard, it SHOULD automatically find your chipset. (preselect.) if so, what is selected? uncheck everything else thats optional.... video, audio, wireless, (use the kext that works), rosetta, etc. if you can move the mouse and use the keyboard in the installer screen, then there is no reason you cant do it also within the operating system.

curious, do you know ANYTHING about your hardware? such as, what brand and model the motherboard is? basically at this point, all you need is the brand and model, ill google it for you and find the chipset type and ill find the kexts for you, if what i wrote above doesnt work. let me know.

edit: and if worse comes to worst, I turned a USB hard drive into a 10.6.3 universal boot disk. meaning i can plug it into ANY computer and it will boot into OSX. have tried it on intel AND amd. (AMD chipsets, VIA chipsets, nForce chipsets, etc). I will zip up the extensions folders (system/library/extensions/ and /extra/extensions/) and shoot them over to you via ftp or whatever. that will get your 10.6.3 install up and booting.

kun21
06-27-2011, 02:19 AM
good idea,hope you can write more article