PDA

View Full Version : Marvell Yukon 88E057 kext... Who has it, I need it.

urbanman2004
07-05-2011, 02:55 AM
I have successfully managed to get my Mac to run without a boot disk (very estatic). First, I am needing to get my Ethernet running now. My Mac is a dual boot and I was able to discover under device manager on the Windows 7 side that my Ethernet is running on a Marvell 88E057. The problem is that I am able to find kexts to install for Marvell 88E055, 56, and 59 but I need one for Marvell 88E057 kext to run my Ethernet (i tried them all and none of them work so u know). If somebody is familiar about how I can obtain this Marvell 88E057 kext, please let me know. Also, would I need to install it under S/L/E or E/E? I got my E/E down just the fakesmc and NullCPUPwerManagement just so u know.

A side-note from what I been noticing since I first started booting my Mac:
*I was able to get my ps/2 keyboard to work by installing the voodoo kext in S/L/E.
*When Openhaltrestart.kext is saved under E/E, my Mac would not start (fixed it by using boot disk). I was under the impression that this kext would allow me to successfully restart my Mac after click restart. So what kext is responsible for that?
*Shutdown sucks too and I have to always do that manually, how can I fix that?
*Also, I am trying to run audio thru the HDMI function of my Video card (the video runs fine). I seen a thread on Tonymac that discusses the option right here. Has anyone had any success with this option or any other options for that matter? Any advice is welcome, feel free to chime in.

My specs are:
*i7 950
*EVGA X58 4-Way SLI Classified Mainboard 170-BL-E762-A1
*Mushkin Enhanced Redline 6GB (3 x 2GB)
*EVGA GTX 480 SC
*Western Digital 600 GB VelociRaptor (Windows 7)
*OCZ Technology Vertex 2 SSD 180 GB (Mac OS X 10.6.5)
*Thermaltake ARMOR+ VH6000BWS Full Tower Case
*SilverStone 1200-W
*Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler
*LG WH10LS30K 10X BLU-RAY BURNER SATA