PDA

View Full Version : Marvell Yukon 88E057 kext... Who has it, I need it.

urbanman2004
07-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Marvell Yukon 88E057 kext... Who has it, I need it.
I have successfully managed to get my Mac 10.6.5 to run without a boot disk (very estatic). First, I am needing to get my Ethernet running now. My Mac is a dual boot and I was able to discover under device manager on the Windows 7 side that my Ethernet is running on a Marvell 88E057. The problem is that I am able to find kexts to install for Marvell 88E055, 56, and 59 but I need one for Marvell 88E057 kext to run my Ethernet (i tried them all and none of them work so u know). If somebody is familiar about how I can obtain this Marvell 88E057 kext, please let me know. Also, would I need to install it under S/L/E or E/E? I got my E/E down just the fakesmc and NullCPUPwerManagement just so u know.

A side-note from what I been noticing since I first started booting my Mac:
*I was able to get my ps/2 keyboard to work by installing the voodoo kext in S/L/E.
*I have full graphics accelleration after using the EFI string, applying it to my com.apple.boot.plist and installing Aquamacs Fermi 10.6.5 Fix.
*When Openhaltrestart.kext is saved under E/E, my Mac would not start (fixed it by using boot disk). My system actually does restart it takes like 2-3 mins.
*Shutdown works but once the screen turns off, the system is still running, and I have to always do that manually, how can I fix that?
*After using Easy BCD to dual boot, changes I made on my system did not take effect using it, especially the Aquamac Fermi Fix. I noticed this after booting with Escape to the OS X drive and I had full graphics acceleration and I could change the resolution. And on 'about this Mac,' it would show the wrong Processor booting through Easy BCD unlinke using Escape to boot thru the OS X drive. I quickly uninstalled it.
*Also, I am trying to run audio thru the HDMI function of my Video card (the video runs fine). I seen a thread on Tonymac that discusses the option right here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22030). Has anyone had any success with this option or any other options for that matter? Any advice is welcome, feel free to chime in.

My specs are:
*i7 950
*EVGA X58 4-Way SLI Classified Mainboard 170-BL-E762-A1
*Mushkin Enhanced Redline 6GB (3 x 2GB)
*EVGA GTX 480 SC
*Western Digital 600 GB VelociRaptor (Windows 7)
*OCZ Technology Vertex 2 SSD 180 GB (Mac OS X 10.6.5)
*Thermaltake ARMOR+ VH6000BWS Full Tower Case
*SilverStone 1200-W
*Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler
*LG WH10LS30K 10X BLU-RAY BURNER SATA

urbanman2004
07-09-2011, 02:53 AM
anybody???