PDA

View Full Version : AMD and Legacy

guilfoya
07-08-2011, 02:03 AM
Just curious. I know a couple of people have been having issues running over 4GB of ram using the Legacy Kernel with AMD processors. It still auto patches the instruction.. My real question is, the fix for that is using boot flag maxmem=4096. Ok so I get that, how is that a fix? I'm only using 4GB now. I have 8GB. or is that something cosmetic I should not regard.

I don't completely understand 10.6.7 and why I am not able to get it going at 64+32 bit with my 8 gigs. I'm not looking for anyone to spoon feed me. Most of the time I can figure this stuff out if I just know what is going on in the background. I tried the sysenter patcher, but even that I didn't understand how to patch with my libSystem.B.dylib.

I am running an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

akimoa
07-08-2011, 09:19 AM
add -force64 for userland 64bit and get rid of maxmem and it should detect your 8 Gigs

guilfoya
07-09-2011, 03:08 AM
it does.. but what im saying is. In 10.6.7 Shouldn't the kernel be prepatched? meaning I don't have to patch anything.

64+32 bit apps work with maxmem=4096

only 64 bit apps work when I take away boot flag maxmem=4096 and it runs on all 8 gigs.

- my next step would be after removing the maxmem flag and running on all 8 gigs would be to

Use the prepatched libSystem.B.dylib files from Andy's AMD sysenter patcher package he made up for 10.6.4 I have found on here. It corrects everything and 32 bit apps load, but terminal gives me an "system build on a different libSystem.dylib ignoring cache" or something of the sort. sudo update_dyld_shared_cache does nothing to correct.

I know I am supposed to run the patcher on my own libSystem.B.dylib, but no one could walk me through it. And since 10.6.7 I have read that the kernel prepatches it all anyway? do I have even have to mess with the sysenter patcher in 10.6.7?

akimoa
07-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Download that (http://cl.ly/2e1H2S0g352K0q2l170M)extract it in usr/bin before u made folder visible

and run on terminal this

sudo -s

amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib.patched cp /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib.patched /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/dyld /usr/lib/dyld.patched cp /usr/lib/dyld.patched /usr/lib/dyld

Xcode Dateien (Optional) NO Xcode NO need !
amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B_debug.dylib /usr/lib/libSystem.B_debug.dylib.patched cp /usr/lib/libSystem.B_debug.dylib.patched /usr/lib/libSystem.B_debug.dylib

amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B_profile.dylib /usr/lib/libSystem.B_profile.dylib.patched cp /usr/lib/libSystem.B_profile.dylib.patched /usr/lib/libSystem.B_profile.dylib

amd_insn_patcher /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore.patched cp /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore.patched /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore

amd_insn_patcher /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents.patched cp /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents.patched /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents

update_dyld_shared_cacheReboot Done

guilfoya
07-10-2011, 04:00 PM
all patched :) :)

Works.

Thanks for that.. I did modify some of the commands. I brought the output files to my desktop no biggie. Because I guess as the output my dyld would return patched as just a "document" whatever that means. It wasn't patching and returning it as a unix executable when I moved it to my /usr/lib/ an easy chmod +x (file) converted it and it works like a charm.