Asus M4A77D
4Gib Ram
Geforce 9500GT
Motu Microbook Soundcard
80 Gb Sata HDD for OSX86 +Time machine Backup
320 Gb Sata HDD For Data Storage
** PCI to USB adater it not Work**
In This Time i install 10.6.2 intel/AMD by Harzard
After install i Cant Boot from HDD ( So much Panic But i dont know What)
I use Legacy BootCD to Boot My OSX
when Boot with Lagacy BootCD my OSx Its OK
9500GT Work
Lan Work
not install Kext its works By Automatic :D
how to make it Boot From HDD Directly
Please Help

acermac3
08-30-2011, 04:50 PM
You need to install Chameleon bootloader. Use the search function above. I use release candidate 5 (RC5) but any version would likely work. There are many bootloaders available now. Be careful after bootloader installation, make sure your kernel (mine is mach_kernel legacy) and "Boot" is in place in the root directory, make sure the .kext files you need are in the /extra folder. The kernel that is working for your current boot must be in place, the installer for chameleon that I have installs a vanilla kernel automatically in root and that hoses my system after reboot.

listen to this caution: backup your kernel, boot and extra folder (if you have one) before chameleon installation. Follow the instructions in the threads you find in the search, lots of great write-ups there.

todesto
08-30-2011, 06:29 PM
yep, there are tons of tutorial for installing SL on AMD.

As far as Hazard on AMD goes, it works best when you choose blacknight kernel with PC-EFO10.5 bootloader first when installing. with proper option selection, it will most likely boot without the need of other boot CD, then run chameleon update (any version from RC5 will work)

soh
08-30-2011, 07:33 PM
You need to install Chameleon bootloader. Use the search function above. I use release candidate 5 (RC5) but any version would likely work. There are many bootloaders available now. Be careful after bootloader installation, make sure your kernel (mine is mach_kernel legacy) and "Boot" is in place in the root directory, make sure the .kext files you need are in the /extra folder. The kernel that is working for your current boot must be in place, the installer for chameleon that I have installs a vanilla kernel automatically in root and that hoses my system after reboot.

listen to this caution: backup your kernel, boot and extra folder (if you have one) before chameleon installation. Follow the instructions in the threads you find in the search, lots of great write-ups there.

yep, there are tons of tutorial for installing SL on AMD.

As far as Hazard on AMD goes, it works best when you choose blacknight kernel with PC-EFO10.5 bootloader first when installing. with proper option selection, it will most likely boot without the need of other boot CD, then run chameleon update (any version from RC5 will work)
Thanks for Every answer
First time i cant find boot file (Because them are Hidden files)
But now i see it
I try folow First comment
i cant replace Boot file (i thing that files have protect from OS)
how to i can disable protect

todesto
08-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Easiest way to replace boot file is to delete the boot file from the root, then copy / paste with new boot. Can't replace the boot file.

soh
08-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Easiest way to replace boot file is to delete the boot file from the root, then copy / paste with new boot. Can't replace the boot file.
Thanks alot :D

soh
08-31-2011, 02:56 AM

Plesae Answer me again
i try follow you comment my machine still cant boot from HDD
(install Chemeleon from legacy boot CD / copy file names boot from legacy boot CD and paste to root Directory (Delete old boot file and replace boot from legacy boot CD )
i cant find marc_kernel in legacy boot CD but i use marc_kernel from other osx 10.6.2 DVD
when reboot my machine still cant boot from HDD
and i try copy com.apple.boot.plist from legacy boot CD paste it to root directory my machine can boot from HDD them go to apple logo and cant go to osx follow this picture
http://km.support.apple.com/library/APPLE/APPLECARE_ALLGEOS/TS3742/TS3742_01_KP-001-en.jpg
Please help again
i fill not far from Hackintosh finishing
**sorry my english verry bad**

acermac3
08-31-2011, 04:51 AM
I'm sorry, give me a 8 hours of sleep, and I'll help you tomorrow. You are moving the wrong file *versions* into place. I need to get a rapidshare account setup and I'll post my system files and everything there for you. I'm not claiming to have all of the answers for your system, mine may be different than yours but I do have three of these osx_amd64 machines fired up and I think we can get your chameleon bootloader working.

First, when you boot without the legacy cd in your cd-drive, what do you see on the screen? Are you getting the green lizard? AMD is sometimes more tricky.

acermac3
08-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Plesae Answer me again
i try follow you comment my machine still cant boot from HDD
(install Chemeleon from legacy boot CD / copy file names boot from legacy boot CD and paste to root Directory (Delete old boot file and replace boot from legacy boot CD )
i cant find marc_kernel in legacy boot CD but i use marc_kernel from other osx 10.6.2 DVD
when reboot my machine still cant boot from HDD
and i try copy com.apple.boot.plist from legacy boot CD paste it to root directory my machine can boot from HDD them go to apple logo and cant go to osx follow this picture
http://km.support.apple.com/library/APPLE/APPLECARE_ALLGEOS/TS3742/TS3742_01_KP-001-en.jpg
Please help again
i fill not far from Hackintosh finishing
**sorry my english verry bad**

follow this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3h53c803hctmdh4

the files above may work for you. You need to investigate how to edit the com.apple.Boot.plist file so it works with your system. I would advise removing the "Graphics Mode = 1600x900" from the Boot.plist boot flags, as my 23" monitor may be a little a bigger than yours.

so all you do is drop the mach_kernel (xnu Darwin 9.5 Kernel) into your root directory, my "boot" file into your root directory, and my "extra" folder into your root directory. If you installed chameleon correctly, that should be it. You may need more or different kext files in your "extra/extensions" folder as your system may require different drivers than mine.

here is how chameleon works as I understand it... the bootloader installs some instructions into a small partition in the master boot record (MBR) which are activated at boot time. these instructions access the extra folder, boot.plist and smbios in the root directory and basically trick the kernel into thinking it was booted from EFI. The Kext files from the extra folder load first in chameleon (and kind of provides a base for the kernel to operate in) these are the kexts that trick the system and provide power management, sleep etc. The kernel takes the information from boot.plist file, and smbios and boots your system using the information inside the files as variables to run the OS (what ram you have, what processor, what fsb speeds etc). That's how I understand it anyway, and it seems to have worked for me this long.

I have another suggestion for you, always boot with the boot flag "-v" for verbose, it will tell you what is loading and where your system is hanging. the photo that you posted earlier is really no use to anyone, but the line (example only) "eth0 linked, no flow control" with a kernel panic could tell you that the kext file for your ethernet, or the kext loading after your ethernet (usually audio) is hosing your boot. You then need to replace your audio kext or try a different ethernet kext.

Your English is fine and more coherent than many of the users around here (that's not a dig towards anybody in particular) LOL. What is your native language... I have a website that needs some translation, could you help?

soh
08-31-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry, give me a 8 hours of sleep, and I'll help you tomorrow. You are moving the wrong file *versions* into place. I need to get a rapidshare account setup and I'll post my system files and everything there for you. I'm not claiming to have all of the answers for your system, mine may be different than yours but I do have three of these osx_amd64 machines fired up and I think we can get your chameleon bootloader working.

First, when you boot without the legacy cd in your cd-drive, what do you see on the screen? Are you getting the green lizard? AMD is sometimes more tricky.
i see "Version mis-match Between Kernel and CPU " or seem that
thats means i choose not correct kernel for my CPU ?
where i can find correctly Kernel for my cpu (AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+)
And How to can Replace new correct Kernel
Please ..

acermac3
08-31-2011, 04:31 PM
read my post above, you have some files to download.

soh
09-01-2011, 03:50 AM
Thanks alot for you post
to night i try it :-d:-d

soh
09-01-2011, 11:38 AM
to day I have good news
now i can boot OSX directly from HDD
methods follow Nice guys in this website and mix with my guess :D
in first time i do follow you post my machine still panic when boot from HDD
i boot from Cd Boot again install chameleon2 RC5 R516
i try download legacy kernel 10.8.0 v2 and install
i go to about this mac and Click Software update
download 10.6.8 and install and reboot
my Machine can boot from HDD ^_^
I dont know why can boot
Could be part of i follow you methods with i fluke :-*
Thanks For every guide from every body to made me finishing it
Almost forgot
Remains a problem
when enter to os i see this popup
http://chimac.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/144123149.jpg

1.PCI to USB Card (VIA VT1262L) Not respond
2.My USB port (on board )
​when i plug USB device (with USB on board ) My Machine Shut off
how to fix its this problem from i not install kext for it
i cant find it
3.what is OPCIFamily.kext its are kext for My USB ?

acermac3
09-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Not all hardware will work in all cases, went through three USB to Bluetooth dongles before I got one that worked happily with my osx_amd64 machine. I'm not saying that you should give up trying, I'm just saying that there are sometimes hardware incompatibilities or kext files that need to be edited with hardware strings to enable them. I can give you this suggestion, the osx 10.6.8 iousbfamily.kext did not work for me, but the osx 10.6.3 worked very well. I would search for the osx 10.6.3 iousbfamily.kext and see if that works for you. If not I'm sure other board members have other suggestions. Great work getting your system to boot off of HDD.

soh
09-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Not all hardware will work in all cases, went through three USB to Bluetooth dongles before I got one that worked happily with my osx_amd64 machine. I'm not saying that you should give up trying, I'm just saying that there are sometimes hardware incompatibilities or kext files that need to be edited with hardware strings to enable them. I can give you this suggestion, the osx 10.6.8 iousbfamily.kext did not work for me, but the osx 10.6.3 worked very well. I would search for the osx 10.6.3 iousbfamily.kext and see if that works for you. If not I'm sure other board members have other suggestions. Great work getting your system to boot off of HDD.
if i want to try the osx 10.6.3 iousbfamily.kex or the osx 10.6.8 iousbfamily.kex
can i install it with kext helper (be similar to other device kext)
and if i want to try the osx 10.6.3 iousbfamily.kex or the osx 10.6.8 iousbfamily.kex
must i install other files or kext for made it working ?
Thanks for acermac again :D

acermac3
09-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Yes, I used to use kext helper a long time ago. you would be better off learning the command lines.

Make a backup of the 10.6.8 iousbfamily.kext.

Delete the 10.6.8 iousbfamily.kext from the system/library/extensions folder.

Then drop the 10.6.3 iousbfamily.kext file into the same s/l/e directory.
then issue these commands

then set the proper permissions for the file be executing the commands below in terminal:

cd /system/library/extensions
sudo chmod 755 iousbfamily.kext
sudo chown root:wheel iousbfamily.kext

Reboot.

I hope things work for you. Half of my USB stuff was not working at all (mouse,trackball, bluetooth dongle) when I had 10.6.8 iousbfamily.kext installed. I hope this fix's it. You may want to do some research on the hardware ID for VIA usb card. That may need to be added to a kext file, or like I said the via usb card may be incompatible.

soh
09-03-2011, 02:18 AM
Now My OSX 10.6.2 Hazard Success
Every Hardware for my jobs its Working
Motu Microbook is USB Audio interface can use with USB on M4A77D board
(Remove PCI To USB Via Chipset its made many problem for me )
Thank for Every Guide from Every Body
i'm so happy very very much with OSX 10.6.2