PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between Snow Leopard Retail vs Hazard vs iATKOS?

Godofwar
03-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Is one better than the other or do they all operate the same for the most part? If they all operate the same for the most part, would Hazard be the best one because it probably is the easiest to install on one's computer? Atleast, easy for me since I've done it several times. I don't know how to install Retail or iATKOS. And I'm unsure if iATKOS is made for amds at all.

xmaniak100
04-07-2012, 05:47 PM
well it depends... retail is original (vannila) so you will need to find bootCD or so and Hazard and iAtkos are distros...they got everything on the fly you just have to select in installation what you want...for me i prefer retail

Unrealized
04-11-2012, 01:44 PM
The biggest difference is that Distros are illegal.

Distros have a lot of modified files, they let you pick up the kexts during install, nothing that special though, I've experienced more kernel panics on distros, because they have strange modifications in kexts.

If you can, use a retail installation method. That's also on the "lawful" side of doing this (assuming you bought the installation media, of course). :)

fairlyodd
04-22-2012, 03:07 PM
I agree. Distros cause me nothing but headaches, so I choose to use the retail CD. I have tried several distros and got kernel panics left and right, but when I use the retail CD everything works fine as long as you boot with a mod CD. The rest is pretty simple if you choose the correct boot loader that is.

Godofwar
04-23-2012, 12:31 AM
I agree. Distros cause me nothing but headaches, so I choose to use the retail CD. I have tried several distros and got kernel panics left and right, but when I use the retail CD everything works fine as long as you boot with a mod CD. The rest is pretty simple if you choose the correct boot loader that is.

Never could get retail to work, only could get Hazards distro to work. And while I do get kernel panics every so often its not like it happens every day and I usually use my mac side more than my windows side. The Kernel Panic I believe happens more often or not when ever I use google chrome and sometimes when I copy and paste stuff off websites on Chrome a random Kernel Panic sometimes happens. Also, when I load up the operating system I get a kernel panic saying something failed at cpu 1 or cpu 2, I forget.

Retail bugs me because I can only get retail 10.6.3 to install but not 10.6.0 retail to install. And once I install 10.6.3, I tried installing a bootloader but with no luck because no bootloader works with it for me properly. It always wants me to keep mod-cd in my dvd drive which I will not do, plus I couldn't get the graphics card to be recognized on retail so my resolution was horrible.

spidy86
05-02-2012, 07:21 AM
same here..........cant get my screen resolution above 800x600......and now cant boot with boot loader.....my mac experience is a total headache.