PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo T400

smoothrunnings
03-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi everyone,

Has anyone been able to install Lion on their Lenovo T400?

I am replacing the my wireless with a Intel 5350 card, I currently have the 5100 and know it doesn't work with OSX. I am aware I need to be in switchable graphics in the display properties in the BIOS.

I have tried to install the iATKOS L1 and L2 on my machine however after the I get the apple logo and the spinning thingy the DVD loads for a while then stops and nothing happens. I have tried both DVD's on a Lenovo T61 which do go past the apple logo loading screen so I know they work.

So I thought maybe I should try to install 10.6 and see if I can do an update to 10.7?

I am open to your ideas. Thanks
Andrew

Unrealized
04-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Boot with the -v flag and take a picture of the part where it freezes up :)

smoothrunnings
04-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Boot with the -v flag and take a picture of the part where it freezes up :)

Hi,

I am happy to take a picture, but it doesn't freeze per-say, it actually gets to the last line in loading (similar line to OS 10.6.6) and continues to load then the DVD stops and nothing happens.

But yeah I will certainly take a picture if that helps!? :)

Unrealized
04-04-2012, 05:23 AM
Well, it could show off some problems so posting a picture wouldn't hurt either :)

smoothrunnings
04-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Well, it could show off some problems so posting a picture wouldn't hurt either :)

Since I don't see any option to upload pictures to this site, here is a link to the screen shot I took. The screen gets to this point and the DVD continues to load for about 4 minutes then stops and nothing happens.

http://www.smoothrunnings.ca/images/OSX107.jpg

Let me know if you see anything.