PDA

View Full Version : Will It Run?

PinguimFU
05-07-2012, 04:42 AM
I Have been facinated with hackintoshes for quite a while right now but i never had the money nor the time to do it,i got a new machine in hands now with was originaly build with linux programing/a bit of gaming in mind,i know its recomended to build a machine from ground up for these things,so my question is simple,is my actual hardware capable of running a version of OS X?

Config is as follows:

Motherboard ASUS M5A78LM-LX w/ AMD 760G Chipset
CPU AMD Atlhon II X4 640 3 Ghz
RAM 2x 2 GB DDR3 Kingston
Video Card Nvidia GT 430 1 GB OC Edition From MSI
HD is a SATA WD Blue 500 GB
LG 48x CD/DVD Burner
Everything else (net/sound) is onboard..

Thanks in advance,any hints will be helpfull,its a great place you have here,been reading it for a while =)

Thx,PinguimFU :cool:

lunfai
05-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Well I know 100% certain, as there's no real way until someone has the EXACT build of computer, but looking at your motherboard and CPU, I'd say it should work. I'd suggest Snow Leopard as Lion isn't as stable right now as program's refuse to start after 10 minutes, and that could be a huge problem if you want to use the machine full time, also there's not 64 bit mode. Once the stable kernel is release which is currently under testing you already have snow leopard and will make installing Lion easier.

Find a nice AMD Snow Leopard guide (google Devout 10.6.8 Guide) if you want to see my guide I wrote about a year ago. Goodluck.