PDA

View Full Version : How to dual boot vista and leopard guide

bhast2
03-20-2008, 12:48 PM
I SEE ALOT OF PEOPLE ASKING ON HOW TO DO THIS

YOU WILL HAVE TO START ALL OVER AND INSTALL VISTA AND LEO AGAIN AND DO IT THIS WAY

here is how i did it
boot with the leo disk
make your partitions make sure you select guid in the options format the first partition msdos for windows and the second partition extended journal make sure you name it (I named mine Leo)
next install windows to the first partition you will have to format the partition with the windows disk before you install (It should be the one name UNTITLED 1 and show up at the second partition in windows)
next install leo (select all the stuff you need for you system but for the bootloader only select the mbr bootloader in the single boot options)
after leo finishes installing
boot with the leo disk
hit f8
type -s
after it goes through its stuff
type
fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (press enter)
flag 2 (enter)
quit (enter)
reboot (enter)

now your computer will boot into windows - it should have an error!!! if it does put in your windows disk reboot to it and than repair your windows install
after that is done reboot into windows and make sure it works
now reboot with the leo disk
press f8
type -s (press enter)
than type
fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (enter)
flag 3 (enter)
quit (enter)
reboot (enter)

than it will boot to leo's bootloader press enter and you should have something that looks like this

- 1. hd (0,1)
- 2. hd (0,2) Foreign BOOT (VISTA)
- 3. hd (0,3) LEOPARD

select the second one to boot xp or vista
select the third one to boot leopard
leave the first one alone

now both systems should work
took me 4 days to figure that out
hope it helps

WinLinMac01
03-21-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm a little uncomfortable repairing my Windows Install. I don't why. Messes up the previous configuration settings in msconfig, thats why. =) Nevertheless, great guide according to your experience. May be you can publish it in Infinite Mac.