PDA

View Full Version : No more windows

bhast2
03-27-2008, 02:51 PM
so after trial and error and a few fixes
i no longer dual boot vista
i am running straight leopard
my final problem with getting my system to stop crashing when doing high stress work loads on the cpu
and my problem was a 1gb ram chip that i had in my system it was different than the other 3 gb sticks in my system
so now i am totally leopard no more windows (thank god)

just thought i would share
i have not had a system crash in a good 3 hours
i usually have to restart every hour but gone strong

Ianxxx
03-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Do you think it was because the ram chip was different or do you think its because you had more than 3Gb of memory, a lot of people get crashes when they use over 3Gb.

bhast2
03-27-2008, 06:23 PM
never thought of that
well anyway it is all running good now

Ianxxx
03-27-2008, 06:27 PM
bhast2:never thought of that
well anyway it is all running good now
I guess thats the main and if it was slower ram, like you said your other ram is going to default to that speed. Personally I only have 2gig and have never needed any more. Infact its very rare my system uses over 1 gig.

bhast2
03-27-2008, 06:34 PM
the ram was only 533 and the others in my system are 667
so that could have been the problem

Ali C.
05-13-2009, 04:04 AM
Congrats on escaping Windows. It's harder to achieve when you have problems (in my case the hard drive was terrible slow and QE/CI was hopeless), but once they're ironed out, who neds Windows except in a VM once in a while.

xandizitxu
05-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Congrats on escaping Windows. It's harder to achieve when you have problems (in my case the hard drive was terrible slow and QE/CI was hopeless), but once they're ironed out, who neds Windows except in a VM once in a while.

I need windows for AutoCAD only... I need to work with that. And theres any alternative that is good for NIX like systems

They say Qcad and others, but they suck, autocad sucks too, but its the best sh*t out there.

Taisto
05-20-2009, 11:04 AM
I cant say "bye" to Windows either. There are 2 Apps which unfortunately dont have their versions on Mac OS. Still, gratz on doing that :) If i find solution to my Sleep function problems and proper AMD Throttling, maybe i'll get rid of Windows as well.