PDA

View Full Version : Leo4Allv3 released, Tell us what you think!

bhast2
04-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Info can be found here
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=99995

& http://www.infinitemac.com/leo4allv3/

& http://osx86leo4all.wikidot.com/

you can find it on the bay

eddie11c
04-22-2008, 09:02 AM
yes but be kind, as i spent alot of time and effort! Hope it works well for everyone.

elicip
04-22-2008, 09:36 AM
i don't want to reinstall my system ,maybe this one is much better ,ha ..
Zephyroth Leopard AMD 10.5.2 Rev.2 is good,only 1 problem is msn message can login in..

mrburns05
04-22-2008, 10:04 AM
eddie11c, your doing an awesome job, v2 is working great, and made install very easy...cant wait to try v3

Devil In Disguise
04-22-2008, 05:52 PM
wud this work well with nf4 chipsets for amd?

eddie11c
04-22-2008, 05:56 PM
it works on my nforce4, i did include a ppf to swap out the AppleNforceATA.kext to an older version also. Some people get a panic with the newer version. But SATA support is more limited on the old one.

minibuu
04-22-2008, 06:12 PM
eddie11c, I have a Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe mobo with a sata dvdrw. My only problem has been that i couldnt burn cds/dvds. Has this been resolved since Zeph Rev.2?

CyCLoBoT
04-22-2008, 07:16 PM
minibuu:eddie11c, I have a Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe mobo with a sata dvdrw. My only problem has been that i couldnt burn cds/dvds. Has this been resolved since Zeph Rev.2?

I don't think it will work because MeDevil hasn't released a newer kext that would allow to write to cds/dvds.

WinLinMac01
04-22-2008, 07:29 PM
I updated the entire wiki once again to welcome and honor the new Leo4Allv3! =) Hope you all enjoy it.

R0GUE
04-22-2008, 07:34 PM
CyCLoBoT: minibuu:eddie11c, I have a Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe mobo with a sata dvdrw. My only problem has been that i couldnt burn cds/dvds. Has this been resolved since Zeph Rev.2?

I don't think it will work because MeDevil hasn't released a newer kext that would allow to write to cds/dvds.That's correct. You'll have to wait for Medevil I'm afraid :-(

eddie11c
04-22-2008, 08:16 PM
I fear Medevil has stopped developement, have not seen him around in a long time. Either that or he has been working hard and will surprise everyone with a big update.

WinLinMac01
04-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I hope so too. =)

eddie11c:I fear Medevil has stopped developement, have not seen him around in a long time. Either that or he has been working hard and will surprise everyone with a big update.

naquaada
04-22-2008, 11:54 PM
In the leo4all-wiki are screenshots containing new folder icons and 'About this Mac' window with new Logo and in the dark HUD-type style window. Is this default or is the installation a clean one?

WinLinMac01
04-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Thats a customization of my desktop. Just posted those screenshots to appeal users. =)

naquaada:In the leo4all-wiki are screenshots containing new folder icons and 'About this Mac' window with new Logo and in the dark HUD-type style window. Is this default or is the installation a clean one?

xx66stangxx
04-23-2008, 10:37 AM
oddly enough I keep on getting waiting for root device. This is the first time I have had a problem installing an Distro since I started trying to install Leopard back in January. Any suggestions? I have tried two different dvd's . Please confirm that the name of the iso is Leo4allv3final correct?

R0GUE
04-23-2008, 03:35 PM
I've had great success with Leo4All V3. I did mention to eddie in irc that although the installation went fine, rebooting would cause the dreaded 'waiting for root device' error. The culprit was the AppleNforceATA.kext that was installed. The version on the DVD for 'older Nforce boards' resides at v1.0.2 whereas the 'test' version is the latest v1.0.3 (beta) with the SATA DVD fix. My board requires the previous version of 1.0.3 (the one that came on Zeph's 10.5.2 rev 1 iirc) to boot correctly.

So with the un-bootable Leo4All installation on another drive, I quickly dropped in the working AppleNforceATA.kext from my current install (Zeph), repaired the permissions, rebuilt the extensions.mkext and it finally booted into the user account setup with full resolution, core image, quartz extreme and full audio. The forcedeth-v driver still won't work for my Vitesse based NVIDIA dual gigabit lan, but my RTL PCI NIC works a treat. Aside from the nforce issue this has been the best OOTB experience to date.

Well done.

xan
04-23-2008, 04:11 PM
i also have the still waiting for root device error.
eddie is it possible that u dont have support for the ATI SB600 chipset? kaly1052 and zeph leov2 can boot into this chipset and see my satas.

it would be nice if there would be a ppf for this chipset

WinLinMac01
04-23-2008, 05:39 PM
He did include that as well. Would you like me to forward you the file?

xan:i also have the still waiting for root device error.
eddie is it possible that u dont have support for the ATI SB600 chipset? kaly1052 and zeph leov2 can boot into this chipset and see my satas.

it would be nice if there would be a ppf for this chipset

xan
04-23-2008, 05:46 PM
hey please winlin, thnx!

WinLinMac01
04-23-2008, 06:12 PM
No problem, I just uploaded the file.
Here is the link buddy - http://rapidshare.de/files/39207146/SB600.ppf.zip.html

It is a PPF, just patch the PPF with PPF-o-Matic (PC) or Gumby (Mac) with the Leo4Allv3.iso and all should be fine. You should be ready to hit the show on the road. Let me know how it goes.

xan:hey please winlin, thnx!

R0GUE
04-23-2008, 06:21 PM
You can download the Mac version of PPF-O-Matic from here (http://www.mediafire.com/?zukejbddrkm)

WinLinMac01
04-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Whoops, didn't recall that version. lol. :-p

R0GUE:You can download the Mac version of PPF-O-Matic from here (http://www.mediafire.com/?zukejbddrkm)

xan
04-23-2008, 10:04 PM
thnx WinLinMac, im burning right now. will test the disc immediately

WinLinMac01
04-23-2008, 10:27 PM
no problemo
;-)
xan:thnx WinLinMac, im burning right now. will test the disc immediately

ashley__
04-23-2008, 11:16 PM
can't wait to try this release, i hope it works on my system (AMD Phenom 9500). im guessing with an sb600 chipset i need to patch the iso also then?

WinLinMac01
04-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Correct--> with the PPF I posted above to xen (rapidshare link). enjoy! =)

ashley__:can't wait to try this release, i hope it works on my system (AMD Phenom 9500). im guessing with an sb600 chipset i need to patch the iso also then?

ashley__
04-23-2008, 11:22 PM
yup downloaded that, just a 4 day wait for the torrent to download =[ damn pipex sucks

bhast2
04-23-2008, 11:25 PM
ashley__:yup downloaded that, just a 4 day wait for the torrent to download =[ damn pipex sucks

it is well worth the wait this is the smoothest and fast install i have done for leopard
and i have install every amd version out that

great job eddie

xan
04-23-2008, 11:35 PM
thnx WinLinMac! it works!!!! great. and thnx to eddie! big work!

but! (there is always a but)

i have black menues with my x1900xt ati card. for the first time i have such a issue. i need help, cause i cant work with this issue

CyCLoBoT
04-23-2008, 11:48 PM
So far the system is running perfectly fine. No errors whatsoever and I hope it stays that way. One thing though, is it possible to uninstall the "About this Mac" script? Its great that it is able to detect the CPU information but one thing I don't like now is that the string is too long and therefore the whole window is stretched and some text lines are not centered anymore.

Puttabong
04-23-2008, 11:50 PM
CyCLoBoT, edit it manually. :-)

http://www.infinitemac.com/how-to-modify-the-about-this-mac-dialogue/

CyCLoBoT
04-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Sorry I made a mistake entering the string manually. All is well now.

xx66stangxx
04-24-2008, 12:32 AM
R0GUE:I've had great success with Leo4All V3. I did mention to eddie in irc that although the installation went fine, rebooting would cause the dreaded 'waiting for root device' error. The culprit was the AppleNforceATA.kext that was installed. The version on the DVD for 'older Nforce boards' resides at v1.0.2 whereas the 'test' version is the latest v1.0.3 (beta) with the SATA DVD fix. My board requires the previous version of 1.0.3 (the one that came on Zeph's 10.5.2 rev 1 iirc) to boot correctly.

So with the un-bootable Leo4All installation on another drive, I quickly dropped in the working AppleNforceATA.kext from my current install (Zeph), repaired the permissions, rebuilt the extensions.mkext and it finally booted into the user account setup with full resolution, core image, quartz extreme and full audio. The forcedeth-v driver still won't work for my Vitesse based NVIDIA dual gigabit lan, but my RTL PCI NIC works a treat. Aside from the nforce issue this has been the best OOTB experience to date.

Well done.

Thanks for posting that ROGUE that was a quick fix for me too!

xan
04-24-2008, 06:58 PM
for all: to fix black menus you have to install the Graphics Update 1.0 manually after the Leo4Allv3 install and before u restart u have to make a marvins patcher package. after reboot u have to execute the patcher via singel user (-s).

everything is running very good now -> best out of the Box release till now!

xan
04-24-2008, 09:47 PM
i need help again, i have a problem again: leo cant see my IDE LG DVD Writer... :( i installed with this drive and now i cant use my writer. f12 is not working either.

need help :D but never the less: best release :)

minibuu
04-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Can you tell me why I can see my whole 700gig hdd in Leo4Allv3 and not Zeph release? Is it a problem with the ntfs kext i installed to be able to read and write to it?

mrburns05
04-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Everythings working great eddie

xan
04-25-2008, 04:24 PM
need help with the damn DVD writer. mac cant see it, but i installed leopard with this DVD writer. nothing changed. need help please.

bajanboy
04-25-2008, 06:26 PM
I am having all kinds of problems with release which is unusual because the last release worked just fine. Here is the problem, after the install have finished it will boot to the account setup for the first time, I have tried all of the kernels. It is stuck with this mesage:

Kernel Version:
Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386
System model name: System Product Name

I also saw some error related to AppleNForceATA

System:
Asus M2N32-SLI Delux
AMD 4200+
WD 320G SATA drive

Any ideas?

WinLinMac01
04-25-2008, 06:33 PM
It appears to be a kernel panic.
I wish there was a new medevil kext floating around. ;D

bajanboy:I am having all kinds of problems with release which is unusual because the last release worked just fine. Here is the problem, after the install have finished it will boot to the account setup for the first time, I have tried all of the kernels. It is stuck with this mesage:

Kernel Version:
Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

System:
Asus M2N32-SLI Delux
AMD 4200+
WD 320G SATA drive

Any ideas?

minibuu
04-25-2008, 06:48 PM
WinLinMac: Any idea why Zeph release Rev.2 cant see HDDS larger than 400gigs properly?

minibuu
04-25-2008, 06:49 PM
bajanboy:I am having all kinds of problems with release which is unusual because the last release worked just fine. Here is the problem, after the install have finished it will boot to the account setup for the first time, I have tried all of the kernels. It is stuck with this mesage:

Kernel Version:

System:
Asus M2N32-SLI Delux
AMD 4200+
WD 320G SATA drive

Any ideas?

I have the same board (M2N-SLI Deluxe) I believe and did not have any problems with this release. I still prefer zeph release though for some reason.

minibuu
04-25-2008, 08:36 PM
WDC WD750 - The funny thing is that it worked fine (Read only) in Leo4Allv3 but I am trying to get Zeph Rev.2 (Read/Write) to recognize it all. I am just wondering if it has anything to do with the ntfs-3g software

WinLinMac01
04-25-2008, 08:47 PM
That could be. A problem with the script of the kext possibly.

minibuu:WDC WD750 - The funny thing is that it worked fine (Read only) in Leo4Allv3 but I am trying to get Zeph Rev.2 (Read/Write) to recognize it all. I am just wondering if it has anything to do with the ntfs-3g software

ashley__
04-25-2008, 09:49 PM
well i've just patch the leo4allv3 iso with the sb600 ppf file and am burning it now 6xspeed any tips for when i go to boot from it?

===============
edit
===============
well, i've just tried booting using -v -f and -x flags, once the dvd has been though all the kexts, my comp reboots...

any ideas?

ka911
04-26-2008, 12:21 AM
hi guys,
This release make me crazy! I have tried many ways but still I end up with the same problem, I have tried intall different kernels but its the same problem..
does any one have this issue after finishing the installation!
HFS: created HFBT on Leopard
IOATAContraller device blocking bus.
IOATAContraller device blocking bus.

I will stay with Zephyroth Leopard AMD 10.5.2 Rev.2 until he will make a new release with 10.5.3

naquaada
04-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Here is what I found out:

- Booting seems VERY slow (nForce 4)
- Changed background picture is not so fine. The pic itself is nice, but it doesn't belong on an installation DVD.

Installation options:

- No default language is selected if you use another language at installation
- The kernel files should get an own folder
- Some ATI gfx drivers are marked as PCI. Shouldn't it be PCI-E? Explain which kind of drivers they are, it's ATIinject.
- 3rd-party files - hmmm... not everyone's choice, especcially all in one big package.

During installation:

- First DVD ever (of about 20) which failed the DVD integregrity check - on a new media. It worked after the 2nd try.
- couldn't say if it installs quicker.

After reboot:

- I installed ATI X1600 PCI (?) driver and had no picture - with AGP driver it worked, on a PCI-E machine. Try to explain the differences better.

In the system:

- The whole package of 3rd-party apps was installed, I'm sure that I unchecked them.
- 'options' script in /root is visible. Doesn't look so good.

But after all these negative things - the system seems to be ok. No visual changes like in Kalyway, System Prefernces panes are all actual, Toast is working, PPC is working and - as the first image ever - mounted Video DVD images can be played! That's the biggest difference of all other images.

eddie: Rework the installation DVD a bit, make a better description and sortation of the extensions. Check that there's the same language selected as in the installation used. The languages listed on first place at the top look a bit weird - I would place them beneath the kernel folder.
WIth the visuals and 3rd-party apps - I'm not a friend of things like this. You don't know which changes or additional programs the users wants or needs, so leave the installation DVD as original as it was. Especcially 3rd-party progs are a problem, either there's already outdated or it's cracked software - CandyBar, AppZapper and more. LiteIcon is a prog like CandyBar, but it's freeware.

Hint: Try to create a DVD in which the PPC code of the most apps is removed so that iLife '08 fits on it, that would be great.

smileyme
04-26-2008, 12:56 AM
I feel like an idiot.

I downloaded the torrent. I get 36 RAR files, but don't know how to create the iso image. I tried Disk Utilities, but couldn't boot from the resulting .dmg or .cdr. I know there are some tutorials, but can't seem to find them.

Rick :)

naquaada
04-26-2008, 01:11 AM
Try a program which could extract splitted RAR-Archives. I added RARexpander for the Mac, it's small and easy to use.
The file is not an rar archive, it's an .dmg, so you have to rename it. It's difficult to upload some file types here.

xan
04-26-2008, 02:36 AM
y no one react on my problem with the missing DVD writer? please i need help.

eddie11c
04-26-2008, 04:40 AM
naquaada,

OK let me explain a few things so you can understand, as you probably have not done an install DVD. I don't know all of the graphics drivers, people provide me with stuff that I am unable to test myself, all I can do is label it with what they told me. I don't have time to research every driver for a complete description. If you want to do this pm me and I can gladly incorporate it.

You don't like the boot screen for isntaller? tough I put what I want there. The default Apple one blows....

You think the language files should be elsewhere? guess what they can't. They "HAVE" to install first. The installer is not so smart, it installs from the first option and works its way down. If I leave the language selection alone to how it was, there was a bug making all languages selected. In my opinion it is better to have to check 1 off if you need rather than have to uncheck them. I could make the extra application split apart, but what's the point? They are small and all are usefull. If you dont want them uncheck it, they will not install then.

You want the DVD image original? go buy a copy of Leopard and make your own. I leave the finished product untouched, thats good enough for me.

Puttabong
04-26-2008, 01:34 PM
You don't like the boot screen for isntaller? tough I put what I want there. The default Apple one blows....
Sorry, I personally don't agree buddy :-)

In my opinion modifying any OS X graphics is not nice, it should stay the same like it's originally shipped.
Apple has excellent designers & I love every single graphical part of their OS.

Kalyways releases are the best example for this. His modifications are terrible. I almost have to cry when I see it. :-)

Ofcourse you can feel free to modify your release to your likings, it's just my personal opinion!!

Thanks a lot for your efforts!

naquaada
04-26-2008, 02:09 PM
@ Puttabong:

Thanks for the flowers ;-) Did you know uphucks 10.4.9 image, with the animated turkish flag in the installation document file?
But now to my comments, I hope they would finish it up.

@ eddie11c:

Oh boy, I feel like in old JaS times! He also couldn't stand a bit of critics. It's true, I haven't created an own installation DVD, others could do this better. And that's the point - I saw a lot, better and worse than yours. If you want a better looking one, take a look on Zephyroth's. The installation menu is perfect, the DVD looks and works as it should be. So I don't have to do my own. But - His system has some problems. He knows that and reacts to the information he gets, and that's what I really like on him. Your system seems to be error-free, but the first impression is always the installation DVD. If it's not easy to use it's no Apple-style and this is bad.

Have you tried to install a different language? I know the bug of all selected languages, Kalyways has it i think, but the language used at the installation can't be deselected, so you don't have to remove all, only the main point. Languages are a problem - removing some <could> show a user that a country is less worth than another one. Kalyway has only 4 languages, Zephyroth's 10.5.1 RC1 only two - but he reacted to the requests and reinstalled all languages again. Your image is the only one which doesn't auto-select the language during the installation I think. Why?

3rd-party programs: I also have some I always install even on my recovery partition, like LiteIcon, Leopaque, Docker, Butler, Onyx, a set of new folder icons, stack icons and so on, I modify my system very strong. It would be easier for me if this would be directly installed during the installation, it would save me a lot of time. But I never would do this on an installation DVD if I'd made one because every user should get a system which looks like a fresh OS X whitout changes. 3rd-party programs aren't Apple-style and if there are never versions out they waste space on the DVD. If you forget to uncheck the point you have a large applications folder and a lot of preferences files on your harddisk which you don't need and you even know of. That's why I never would pack 3rd-party soft on an DVD. If you want to try someting new, try to pack the full iLife '08 on the DVD, no one did this before, only iPhoto or so. iLife is a part of a standard Mac OS installation and so it belongs on a DVD.

Like I said: the first impression is the installation DVD. For people who saw maybe one or two it's maybe ok, but I know about 20. My peronal judgement: Installation DVD: mid-class - System: first class.

@ bajanboy:

Wow, it's great to have a man-of-all-knowledge here. If you're sure if I bought M$ software then you surely now my favourite AmigaDOS command and the graphics program I mostly used on the C64. I only buy software what's worth the money, on the C64 and Amiga I bought software in the 90's (because you could afford it), for the PC nothing and for the Mac I bought also already programs - PayPal and high Euro makes it possible. I paid for Eddies image so much like for all other images, and I hope this will stay this way. JaS later put up his begging web page to donate for his Macbook - this is making money with illegal software. The images we use are all hacks, so they doesn't have to cost anything. With the ungrateful - you're the typical negative guy who's only remembering the bad things and not that I also said something positive. Think about it.

End sentence: I hope this discussion doesn't go for the next 92 pages. There are more important things to talk about.

Something different: Does anybody know a program which changes the short name in Leopard? I'm creating systems for my friends and I don't want to do the whole process again and again with a new short name. I had a prog like this for Tiger (or you could do it manually with the Netinfo Manager) but this doesn't work in Leopard anymore.

R0GUE
04-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Eddie,
The above criticisms (or comments) should really never be taken to heart; they are merely meant to be constructive and often meant with the best intentions. In many cases these criticisms are not always conveyed in the manner in which they were intended and often come across as rude or arrogant. This can be attributed to many things, though, mainly I feel it is because English is not everyone's first language. With this in mind it is up to those of us who's native tongue it is to read between the lines and understand that there are contextual differences between languages and how they are translated through the individual.

eddie11c
04-26-2008, 07:08 PM
OK there is no need for explaining any more. I posted the answers already. If someone does not like the answers or can't be bothered to read it, thats not my problem. As I said there is a bug causing all languages to be selected regardless of language choice, I am not sure why and have little time to bother with it. It was much easier to have none selected by default.

3rd party programs are the best way to test my own installs. You my not like them but it is the quickest way to see if everything is working as it should be. I have thought about adding iLife but no matter what I remove it would still have to be a dual layer DVD. The little room I have left may not even cover the latest 10.5.3 seeds. These combo updates are weighing in at over 500MB each. I am hoping they release the final seed so I can just integrate it with my non-EFI version but who knows what version this will be, don't want to include a beta version if they end up updating it again.

xan
04-26-2008, 09:10 PM
thats a good thought eddie, no more betas, we all can wait till final

minibuu
04-28-2008, 07:42 PM
I have a dell inspiron 1525. everything installed fine. I finally found the best options to make it work. I do have a few problems that I think are related to all inspiron users. I forgot exactly what I choice but one install worked fine but no dvdrw. another install worked fine found the dvdrw which is a little slow but works but when you boot up it goes black screen for a while. and sound just doesn't work but I belive there is a fix on insanelymac. if anyone has an idea of how to fix the 20 minute black screen without having to up plug and wait please share. o yea for onboard card readers is ther a way to modify it so that it can be recognized as a usb attached card reader

ka911
04-28-2008, 08:50 PM
the way I see it, I'll wait until Zephyroth will have a new release of 10.5.3 with all the updates

PS: I just want to know what he is doing this days (Zephyroth)?

WinLinMac01
04-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Don't worry, he is planning BIG for AMD releases. Just be patient, and use 10.5.2 instead. =)

ka911:the way I see it, I'll wait until Zephyroth will have a new release of 10.5.3 with all the updates

PS: I just want to know what he is doing this days (Zephyroth)?

ka911
04-28-2008, 09:48 PM
oh I am! I just hope he don't stop doing good deeds for AMD people :D

WinLinMac01
04-28-2008, 10:18 PM
=D

ka911:oh I am! I just hope he don't stop doing good deeds for AMD people :D

eddie11c
04-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Yes I know the non efi version is for the P4/Phenom crowd. I am hopefull to get it ready for testing in the next week.

ashley__
04-29-2008, 12:58 AM
cool :D i look forward to that :D i really would like to have something other than windows to as an OS, i would use linux but i get confused :x

WinLinMac01
04-29-2008, 01:02 AM
This may be funny, but what about P3? I've gone crazy, haven't I? =p

eddie11c:Yes I know the non efi version is for the P4/Phenom crowd. I am hopefull to get it ready for testing in the next week.

ashley__
04-29-2008, 01:29 AM
yes. i would like to see a versionfor a km486 :p

eddie11c
04-30-2008, 03:09 AM
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=101370&view=findpost&p=729163

As you can see, it is working now on my really crappy old P4 laptop without EFI. Definite progress, just a few more things to check into.

ultimo
04-30-2008, 03:51 AM
hey Eddie11c, S.O.S.

am Able to Boot to the Install disk,

I get these errors while on the Darwin screen
local host kextd[47]: root filesystem is read-only; skipping kernel link data general
local host diskarbitration[44]: unable to mount /dev/disks1 statuscode0x000000x47
local host diskarbitration[44]: unable to mount /dev/disks1 statuscode0x000000x0s5
local host diskarbitration[44]: unable to mount /dev/disks1 statuscode0x000000x4s6
local host diskarbitration[44]: unable to mount /dev/disks1 statuscode0x000000x87

it still takes me to the "Select a Language screen"

the PS2 mouse & keyboard do not get recognized, the caps lock key does not seem to work too..

is the USB mouse & keyboard the best bet / or is it something to do with that error ?

this is my second post by the way..

Thanks in Advance, waiting for you to help me further to Make my pc a Mac =p

eddie11c
04-30-2008, 06:40 AM
i am not sure, my laptop keyboard/trackpad work fine. Some PS2 controllers have issues though i believe. Those errors are nothing out of the ordinary, it can't mount NTFS drives by default. This is usually the cause of those errors.

ultimo
04-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Thank you for your quick reply...

The errors have nothing to do with the keyboard and mouse not working, is that right ?

Trying a usb keyboard & mouse should be the next best thing, is that right too ?

Thanks in Advance!

naquaada
04-30-2008, 01:21 PM
eddie11c:

A friend of mine has a P4 laptop with Realtek chipset, maybe even gfx. Do you think this could work? How about ATI X1150?

eddie11c
04-30-2008, 07:33 PM
graphics is all dependant on if Leopard supports it, my laptop has an old Geforce4 that I have not even messed with yet. The sound I have no idea what it uses, but works with AC97 and LAN actually works ootb also, its some built in 3com card.

creative_
04-30-2008, 08:34 PM
"Still waiting for boot device" here
I'm at nForce 4 Mainboard and AMD Single Core

minibuu
05-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Screen Savers are messed up. When I click on any screen saver under the >Pictures I get :Cant load screen saver: Screen saver "Abstract" did not load properly. Please select another screen saver. Error: Can't load bundle

ultimo
05-01-2008, 03:06 PM
ultimo:Thank you for your quick reply...

The errors have nothing to do with the keyboard and mouse not working, is that right ?

Trying a usb keyboard & mouse should be the next best thing, is that right too ?

Thanks in Advance!
Help me!
Eddie..

ultimo
05-03-2008, 04:43 AM
help me Eddie, am unable to install as the mouse & keyboard are not responding...

WinLinMac01
05-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Run the DVD again. Sometimes this occurs to me, since I have a USB combination.

ultimo:help me Eddie, am unable to install as the mouse & keyboard are not responding...

ultimo
05-04-2008, 01:47 AM
Thanks WinLinMac01 for your reply...

I bought a USB to PS2 connector, plugged in both the mouse & kb to it, booted to the disk & iy worked!

finished installation too, do not find Leopard to boot from now..
changed the startupdisk option to leopard, restarts but asks which os to choose from..

my Monster has Ubuntu 8.04, Windows XP & Leopard on it, Leopard not in the list =\
use something like Grub / liloboot ?

delian7
05-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Thanks Eddie 11c for you hard work in this. Leo 4 all v3 is truly the only installation that works with my sound card, which uses ALC888.

One little problem though when I completed installation of it, and got to the registration; when the wizard asked me if I want to transfer my settings and files from my old computer to a new mac, and I said no the computer froze, and after 5 minutes restarted the wizard back to the keyboard identifier part (the first part of the wizard). I successfully got through this process in your first leo4all edition but now it seems i can't. Any help would be appreciated.

My pc model is HP m8100n, and info can be found here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&dlc=en&product=3440614&#

WinLinMac01
05-04-2008, 07:04 PM
This is going to sound funny, turn on the machine again, and go back into the configuration process. It shouldn't freeze again. Have you tried this? If it does work, and when you arrive at the registration page, hit command-Q and that should skip the registration too.

delian7:Thanks Eddie 11c for you hard work in this. Leo 4 all v3 is truly the only installation that works with my sound card, which uses ALC888.

One little problem though when I completed installation of it, and got to the registration; when the wizard asked me if I want to transfer my settings and files from my old computer to a new mac, and I said no the computer froze, and after 5 minutes restarted the wizard back to the keyboard identifier part (the first part of the wizard). I successfully got through this process in your first leo4all edition but now it seems i can't. Any help would be appreciated.

My pc model is HP m8100n, and info can be found here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&dlc=en&product=3440614&#

WinLinMac01
05-04-2008, 07:05 PM
If your keyboard/mouse is wireless, and if the receive has a ps/2 and usb wire, you can connect the USB and leave the ps/2 alone. That should get your mouse and keyboard working as usual. Just a tip... - cheers, =)

ultimo:Thanks WinLinMac01 for your reply...

I bought a USB to PS2 connector, plugged in both the mouse & kb to it, booted to the disk & iy worked!

finished installation too, do not find Leopard to boot from now..
changed the startupdisk option to leopard, restarts but asks which os to choose from..

my Monster has Ubuntu 8.04, Windows XP & Leopard on it, Leopard not in the list =\
use something like Grub / liloboot ?

gully666uk
05-04-2008, 08:31 PM
ALiveNF6P-VSTA my lan wont work, its a Realtek PHY RTL8201CL any ideas to help?

newbrocca_2
05-04-2008, 09:39 PM
After a long journey I have a MAC
leo4allv3
mobo MSI K8N Neo4 socket 939
cpu Athlon64 3000+
video msi 7500 gt
hd maxtor ide
dvdrw LG

installed with

kernel-default
chipset option to" old nforce"
video- nvidia 10.5.2 +nvinject 0.2.0 256mb
newtwork-forcedeath
audio- ac97

I have everything included dvd player working,all resolutions,QE/CI,sound ,lan everything!!!!

Thank's Eddie

Newbrocca

smileyme
05-04-2008, 10:03 PM
I tried Leo4Allv3 on an SATA>USB drive. It boots all the way through to the blue screen, than switches to a dark gray screen with the spinning disk. Having already installed Zephyroth's 10.5.2, I have a pretty good idea of which options to choose during install. I don't know if the USB drive has anything to do with it, but will install to a Leo partition I had running before and report back.

Athlon 64x2 4000+
Biostar NF61S Micro AM2
Radeon HD2600XT PCIe
2GB PC6400
Pioneer DVR110D
SATA 250 GB x 2
Belkin 10/100 NIC
SIIG Firewire 800

delian7
05-06-2008, 04:56 AM
Hey thanks for the awesome job you did.. Almost everything works, and I have ordered a compatible graphics card. One quick question: has a driver been released for my onboard lan card: Realtek RTL8201N. Wifi is great, but since I have lan i would like to use it if I can. Once again thz for you hard work.

creative_
05-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Every Video (e.g Youtube) just plays 5 sec for me i have no QE/CI. The problem occurs in Safari and Firefox.
Any ideas?

naquaada
05-06-2008, 08:45 PM
If it's Youtube, it could also be a networking problem. Download TubeTV http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/24679/tubetv
and play it in there if the same error occurs. Then download a movie and play it with Quicktime.

I'm not sure if Quicktime plays .flv files normally, other wiese you need the Perian plugin. It's a plugin for nearly every file format.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/22923/perian

creative_
05-06-2008, 08:54 PM
No its not a networking problem because the video continues streaming..

Thanks for help naquaada

kourosh
05-06-2008, 09:42 PM
DVD worked flawlessly here, first perfect OOTB experience.

Well almost perfect, got stuck at the 'Do you already own a mac screen' thing. ./options fixed this, quick and easy, a very good utility.

As for the installed system, boot times are a bit slow, but once up, everythings fine (including sleep using the sleep kernel :D)

Dell Inspiron 531
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+
2GB DDR2 667MHz RAM
320 GB Samsung SATA HD
MCP61 Chipset (nForce 430)
nVidia 8600GT
ALC888 Sound

Everything was provided for it, and thanks to p-J for the recommendation :D

xan
05-07-2008, 02:20 AM
cant see my DVD drive, an IDE drive

http://www.infinitemac.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1027&page=1#Item_6

WinLinMac01
05-08-2008, 05:51 PM
xan, what drive is this?

xan
05-09-2008, 12:52 AM
a LG IDE Drive. nothing special. i think its because of the sb600 ppf patch. can u upload me the original IOATAFamily.kext from the leo4allv3? maybe it will work with this kext as a reinstall

smileyme
05-10-2008, 08:01 AM
smileyme:I tried Leo4Allv3 on an SATA>USB drive. It boots all the way through to the blue screen, than switches to a dark gray screen with the spinning disk. Having already installed Zephyroth's 10.5.2, I have a pretty good idea of which options to choose during install. I don't know if the USB drive has anything to do with it, but will install to a Leo partition I had running before and report back.

Athlon 64x2 4000+
Biostar NF61S Micro AM2
Radeon HD2600XT PCIe
2GB PC6400
Pioneer DVR110D
SATA 250 GB x 2
Belkin 10/100 NIC
SIIG Firewire 800
Tried it on an internal drive as well as a Core Duo Sony VAIO laptop. No Joy.

Not giving up though. Going to try Kayway to see if it works any better.

mrburns05
05-11-2008, 05:51 AM
Been working great now for a few weeks!
some random crashes now and then with firefox
but that's normal. Loving it alongside my new
iPod-touch.. Woo hoo!

aryajuanda
05-11-2008, 11:56 AM
i have install leo4all v3 in my amd system

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Total Number Of Cores: 2
CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 CX16
Memory: 896 MB
Bus Speed: 100 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.88Z.005C.B08.0707251237 (Phoenix Technologies, LTD)
Serial Number: CK034KMHK5B

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010)
Kernel Version: Darwin 9.2.0
Boot Volume: Leopard
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: arya
User Name: Tablin Arya Juanda (arya)
Time since boot: 2:39

the problem is:
1. i allways get this msg in my system log
May 11 11:08:35 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=195[lssave] clearing CS_VALID
May 11 11:55:47 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=203[lssave] clearing CS_VALID
May 11 11:55:47 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=204[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID
May 11 11:56:01 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=208[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID
May 11 12:08:25 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=215[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

May 11 13:02:33 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=219[lssave] clearing CS_VALID
May 11 13:02:33 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=220[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID
May 11 13:41:11 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=245[lssave] clearing CS_VALID
May 11 13:43:41 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=248[Console] clearing CS_VALID
May 11 13:43:41 arya kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=250[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

2. i cant open "About This Mac" it caused all my aplication terminated.

5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.loginwindow[37]) Exited abnormally: Bus error
5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] ([0x0-0x9009].com.apple.finder[133]) Exited: Terminated
5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] (com.apple.UserEventAgent-Aqua[130]) Exited: Terminated
5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] (com.apple.pbs[126]) Exited: Terminated
5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] (com.apple.ServerScanner[128]) Exited: Terminated
5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] ([0x0-0xd00d].com.skoobysoft.surplusmeteragent[147]) Exited: Terminated
5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] (com.apple.pboard[137]) Exited: Terminated
5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] ([0x0-0xe00e].com.apple.systemevents[148]) Exited: Terminated
5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] (com.apple.Spotlight[129]) Exited: Terminated
5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] ([0x0-0x6006].com.apple.dock[131]) Exited: Terminated
5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] (com.apple.quicklook[142]) Exited: Terminated
5/11/08 11:08:24 AM com.apple.launchd[103] ([0x0-0x8008].com.apple.systemuiserver[132]) Exited: Terminated

any suggestion?

WinLinMac01
05-12-2008, 09:52 PM
# aryajuanda

Don't worry about the 1st log. For the 2nd log, try to install the latest SMBIOS (posted on another thread in this forum) and see if that corrects your "About this Mac" crash.

aryajuanda
05-13-2008, 11:39 AM
WinLinMac01:# aryajuanda

Don't worry about the 1st log. For the 2nd log, try to install the latest SMBIOS (posted on another thread in this forum) and see if that corrects your "About this Mac" crash.

thx for info,
i habe download latest AppleSMBIOS from http://my.macdotnub.info/
but no not working for "about this mac" crash, it only change my machine to be iMac7,11

thx anyway

arya

WinLinMac01
05-13-2008, 03:44 PM
@arya, that's odd. What kernel do you have installed? If you have the latest 9.2.2 installed, revert your SMBIOS back to an older version then, and that should correct the problem, or just check the logs for any errors that are reported.

Puttabong
05-13-2008, 04:53 PM
aryajuanda, please try the attached AppleSMBIOS kext & report if it works. Thank you.

WinLinMac01
05-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Yes, that should definitely work as others have stated in a thread I created in regards to the latest SMBIOS. ;D Try it and let us know if it works.

Puttabong
05-13-2008, 05:15 PM
WinLinMac, I also still use this old AppleSMBIOS.kext, the newer version crashes my About This Mac as well.

I have always been using this one and it's running fine.

WinLinMac01
05-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Wow, we are having different experiences. Ah well, it all depends on your hardware specs. =)

Puttabong
05-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Indeed, it all depends on the hardware. ;-)

You know, I have never built this machine for the purpose to run OSx86 on it.

However, I once discovered OSx86, tried it, and it's working fine for a long time, hence I was lucky with the hardware I chose before.

aryajuanda
05-14-2008, 11:00 PM
sorry guys its not working for my amd system. i dont know why.

i just found this thing;
every times i start my computer i got this

May 15 00:31:38 Tablin-Arya-Juandas-Leopard com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.UserEventAgent-LoginWindow[167]): Exited: Terminated

i m using 9.2.0 kernel

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Total Number Of Cores: 2
CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 CX16
Memory: 896 MB
Bus Speed: 100 MHz
Boot ROM Version: Hack.88Z.int.0sh.061193037 (Phoenix Technologies, LTD)
Serial Number: CK157KMHK5B

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010)
Kernel Version: Darwin 9.2.0
Boot Volume: Leopard
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: Tablin Arya Juanda’s Leopard
User Name: Tablin Arya Juanda (arya)
Time since boot: 5 minutes

my PC spec is in my profile

thx guys....

WinLinMac01
05-14-2008, 11:16 PM
You didn't happen to modify the package contents of the Login Window right?

aryajuanda
05-14-2008, 11:46 PM
nope, i just made a new install few hour ago

i use leo4allv3 dvd, choose kernel 9.2.0, old nvdia driver (for my ide driver) AC 97, forcedeath -v.

aryajuanda
05-14-2008, 11:56 PM
i just checked my loginwindow.app its in intel version 5.3

loginwindow:

Version: 5.3
Last Modified: 4/16/08 7:42 PM
Kind: Intel

is there any loginwindows.app in universal version?
i have os x 10.4.9 before its working fine

where can i get loginwindow.app dowload? i want to try...

creative_
05-16-2008, 02:27 PM
I cant install World of Warcraft. The installer doesn't start. I downloaded it several times.

Is this a Bug in Rosetta?

bhast2
05-17-2008, 12:04 AM
WoW installed fine on my pc
and i am running leo4allv3

creative_
05-17-2008, 05:17 PM
creative_:I cant install World of Warcraft. The installer doesn't start. I downloaded it several times.

Is this a Bug in Rosetta?
Solved http://www.infinitemac.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1108&page=1#Item_1

delian7
05-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks for you hard work,

One question how can I make my boot-loader into a graphical boot-loader, in other words to not be in verbose mode?
To display the nice apple logo?

bhast2
05-20-2008, 12:29 PM
delete the -v in the com.apple.boot.plist
open it with bbedit

it is in /library/preferences/systemconfiguration

aryajuanda
05-20-2008, 12:32 PM
delian7:Thanks for you hard work,

One question how can I make my boot-loader into a graphical boot-loader, in other words to not be in verbose mode?
To display the nice apple logo?
just edit com.apple.boot.plist in /library/preferences/system configuration

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>10</string>
to :

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>10</string>

delian7
05-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks guys answering my question,

Whenever i want to shutdown/restart my computer it shuts down the monitor, the harddrives, but my graphics card remains on, until I press and hold the shutdown button of my computer. Is there a way to fix this, or at least tell me if this is bad for my graphics card? Thanks!

WinLinMac01
05-24-2008, 01:59 AM
delian7, I am confident that the latest SMBIOS should address that problem.

delian7
05-25-2008, 02:10 AM
thank you for replying.

I downloaded kext helper to help me intall SMBIOS from you webpage, but it still doesn't work. :( I still have to press the shutdown button to fully shutdown my computer.

Also, is there a program out there that can boot vista side by side with mac, when vista is installed on a MSDOS formatted hard drive. I have virtual box, but I think it requires vista to be installed again. The reason for this is that i want to watch tv through my hauppage hvr 1600 tuner.

Also i saw on your webpage how to change the hibernate mode, but when i did it, it gives me error 0xe0002bc cannot write energy saver preferences to the disk..

Any help on my 3 issues would be great!! Thank you so much!

delian7
05-27-2008, 11:00 AM
bump

RLembke
05-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Hey Fellas...

Been a Zeph user since 10.5.1 and have a stable install of it working. Moved to a larger HD and wanted to see how Leo4All would run. Did a restore from my old install and all is well except one small thing.....

Colin McRae Rally used to work just fine under Zeph. Now I get an error after it tries to startup. Deleted and reinstalled to no avail. Here's the error report....short version anyway.

Process: Colin McRae Rally Mac [887]
Path: /Applications/Colin McRae Rally.app/Contents/MacOS/Colin McRae Rally Mac
Identifier: com.feral.CMR05
Version: 1.0 (1.0)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [139]

Date/Time: 2008-05-27 21:51:22.063 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000b5b5b5b5
Crashed Thread: Unknown

Thread 0:
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x96852bce __semwait_signal + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9687d8cd pthread_cond_wait$UNIX2003 + 73
2 libGLProgrammability.dylib 0x90db0432 glvmDoWork + 162
3 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9687cc55 _pthread_start + 321
4 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9687cb12 thread_start + 34

Unknown thread crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
eax: 0x00ea9038 ebx: 0xb5b5b5b5 ecx: 0x00000001 edx: 0x00ea9000
edi: 0x00f84ce8 esi: 0xb5b5b5b5 ebp: 0xb5b5b5b5 esp: 0xbfffe940
ss: 0x0000001f efl: 0x00010282 eip: 0xb5b5b5b5 cs: 0x00000017
ds: 0x0000001f es: 0x0000001f fs: 0x00000000 gs: 0x00000037
cr2: 0xb5b5b5b5

Any thoughts on what is up? I originally installed the 9.2.0 kernel and then I'm now running the newer 9.2.2 in an attempt to fix this.

Thanks!

Rob

dpollard55
05-28-2008, 08:59 AM
I've been using Zephyroth's 10.5.2 rev1 on my HP Pavillion and everything ran smooth as silk. With nothing but time to waste I decided to try another release for my AMD machine and concluded that Leo4allv3 would be a good candidate. So first off some specs....

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
1GB DDR2 533MHZ
200GB SATA HDD
nForce 430
ASUS A8M2N-LA
Geforce 7300 GS PCIE X16
Realtek ALC888 onboard with digital out

Install went perfect the second time around (first time I chose the wrong nForce file as my board needed the newer one.. my bad not Eddie's), and on reboot I was shocked to actually hear sound as I had to use a Linux dump and the HDA Patcher with Zephyroth. Checking my sound preferences shows not only sound, but ALL ports working and available on my sound card! About the only thing I had to fix myself with this release was my LAN. When I installed Zephyroth I discovered the onboard LAN was a no go in OS X so I purchased a cheap PCI card. After installing the tulip.kext everything is running perfect. Great release for AMD users!

RLembke
05-28-2008, 09:36 PM
RLembke:Hey Fellas...

*snip*

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000b5b5b5b5
Crashed Thread: Unknown

*snip*

Thanks!

Rob

After digging a little more, is this an OpenGL issue? I found a few threads at InsanelyMac about an OpenGL bundle and something that might have changed from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 and no longer being able to run PPC apps?

jackal23
07-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Currently i'm using leo4allv3.

Is that possible to lock it ,such that each time i boot my leo,
only 1 core is running ?So i no need to type cpus=1.....

nfoav8or
07-04-2008, 08:14 AM
place that flag in the com.apple.Boot.plist and you should be all set.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>cpus=1</string>

(correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I think thats the correct way to enter that in)

jackal23
07-05-2008, 08:08 AM
I have go through the net......with new com.apple.boot.plist

I'm with 1 core now.....

Thanks.