PDA

View Full Version : 10810 Error

CyCLoBoT
04-26-2008, 04:16 AM
I have installed Leo4All v3 and everything is working smoothly except sometime all of sudden I get the "10810 error". This happens at least once a day and its not just on this version of Leo. I have tried Zephyroth and Kalyway's dvd and still the same. Anyone else experienced this problem? I really hope there is a solution for this issue. It usually goes away if I logout or restart but that's just not convenient to do every single time.

R0GUE
04-26-2008, 05:17 AM
I've had this numerous times. Unfortunately it happens after prolonged periods of uptime. It's an old bug that stems back to 2004 and has been a problem for owners of real Macs. Basically it's a cache problem with the launch services database that from time to time gets messed up due to too many processes. The culprit that causes this to happen is old non-Leopard proof applications running from within the system. The best thing to do is hunt down and remove any old apps to avoid this from happening. Also download this small app (http://homepage.mac.com/mdouma46/images/LaunchServicesDatabaseRebuildApp.zip) to rebuild the database. Make sure you kill the finder while rebuilding. Alternatively you could also use Onxy to clean out and rebuild the caches.

CyCLoBoT
04-26-2008, 07:02 AM
The only app that I can think of that was running was QuickSilver. It was the latest beta version. Not sure if it was meant to be for Leopard. So I have closed that one and will see if that was the problem.

christurner
04-27-2008, 09:14 AM
i am not sure why, but I seem to get them as well after long up times, with only firefox and adium running. I just Log Out and log back in, problem solved.... LOL