PDA

View Full Version : This is WEIRD

WinLinMac01
04-26-2008, 06:36 AM
Okay, I accidently crashed my Windows system because an update caused the O/S to crashed. I restarted the system formatted the drive, popped in the Mac OS X disk, and when the dvd is booting by loading the installation files, the installation exits and the system shuts down. I only encountered this once, and that was today, however, previously at times I would get the message of "you have to restart, etc" I don't understand, verbose mode shows everything loading fine. And I have installed Mac OS X with this disk over 10 times (exageration), and never encountered this problem. Is it the DVD? or what else can it be? help would be very much appreciated. =)

xx66stangxx
04-26-2008, 01:10 PM
That is weird, no clue why that would happen. Try burning a new Dvd, it's possible maybe you burnt out the dvd? haha By that I mean maybe the heat caused it to warp. Happen to one of my Dvd's. I had an issue with Kalyway's Dvd. When I put it in my dvd drive and tried to boot with it, it wouldn't boot had some weird error, tried it like four times. I forgot I left the dvd in the drive and turned off my computer, when I got home from school the next morning, my friend was going to use my computer for hw but somehow it booted from the Dvd. And now it works everytime, weird to me.

WinLinMac01
04-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Lol buddy, I had the same speculation too, and guess what, all works fine now. Lol. =) Thank you for sharing your experience.

xx66stangxx:That is weird, no clue why that would happen. Try burning a new Dvd, it's possible maybe you burnt out the dvd? haha By that I mean maybe the heat caused it to warp. Happen to one of my Dvd's. I had an issue with Kalyway's Dvd. When I put it in my dvd drive and tried to boot with it, it wouldn't boot had some weird error, tried it like four times. I forgot I left the dvd in the drive and turned off my computer, when I got home from school the next morning, my friend was going to use my computer for hw but somehow it booted from the Dvd. And now it works everytime, weird to me.

xx66stangxx
04-27-2008, 03:56 AM
Nice glad everything is working fine for you too!