View Single Post

Old 05-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by R:A:W:X86 View Post
update 2012-05-31:

The main part of the code changes that once have been gathered by AnV are now implemented in a working Kernel.

Most likely non-SSSE3 capable AMD systems will still freeze after hard disk initalisation, unless you are using the -legacy bootlag. (altough I could not test this)
We still need to find a fix for this.

atm NOT implemeted functions are:
  • auto patcher function for mach-o executables
  • some detection code in the real time clock handler (should not be so important as we are all using decent bootloaders)
In addition to the Kernel diff the Download contains two additional diff-patches that will add those code changes.
Both will compile fine, but cause malfunction during boot up.
I am going to diff those files between xnu-1504 & xnu-1699, maybe it is fixable by some "Snow Leopard reimplementations"...

Some answers - before you ask the corresponding questions:
  • If the on-the-fly opcode patching routines can be fixed, they will not affect sysenter crashes on 64-Bit enabled AMD (Bulldozer) systems. Currently it will handle mach-o executables only, no shared librarys and frameworks
  • Most likely it will also not fix 64-Bit boot-up for the others. (Actually I am not sure what the problem is & I do not hold a hardware platforms that allows testing on this.)
  • Why I am working on this anyway: I hope this will solve a lot of application crashes and other bugs & add some stability to the -legacy mode.

this build still has to be considered an experimental release, made for testing purposes & to allow further development!

As already mentioned above, source patch is included.
Would be great if some people with more competencies would contribute to this.

hello,

I tested your new kernel (raw), big step forward, starting the PC is a little space! I no longer crash application, I FaceTime which is very long to open, save it for QuickTime bug screen,
I have a CPU that bubbles!

Code: raw -legacy GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1-v-f

the rest is in the plist.

thank you for your job!

Macmini early 2006 /blanGsak 10.7.2
Acer 8930 G / core2duo T6500 / NV 9600 GS m / Lion 10.7.3 / ML 10.8.2 / w7/8
Asus M5A97pro / FX 8350 / Asus HD 7950 CUII v2
GA-78LMT SP2 / FX 6100 / P x4 960t / Sapphire HD 4850 1024
MSI K9neo v1 / Atlon 4800+/ Gigabyte HD 5450 512
test kernel 12.0 AMD

Tuto : http://www.hack-my-mac.fr/index.php/...fx-buldo#28896

CG opérationnelle : HD 5450 512 / HD 4850 1 / GT 610