View Single Post

Old 10-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Connactic View Post
You can simply rename the RAWX86's kernel to, say, RAW, before putting it at the root of your Lion system. Doing that, you won't need to replace the older one (that's named mach_kernel) and will be able to use it if the things go wrong and RAWX86's kernel doesn't work with your current 10.7.2 installation.

If you do as i advised, just remember to boot using the name you gave to the kernel as a boot flag. If you call it RAW, just type RAW and, just for safety, npci=0x3000 and hit enter. If you want to boot with your older kernel, just doesn't type anything.
if i rename rawx custom kernel to like jhusly, in chameleon boot should i type "-jhusly" or just "jhusly". I have a 10.7.3 installation and tried updating to either 10.7.4 /10.7.5 this time I've gotten a little further than the previous which just restart after the chameleon load some kext. But either way I'm still stuck with "Still waiting for root device." I use RAWX custom kernel on both update and the mach_kernel which works on the 10.7.3. Anyway, I use MacDrive in windows to replace the kernel.

Last edited by jhusly; 10-01-2012 at 07:24 PM.