InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 08-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Cheetah

I got it working! I had to install the official gfx driver from NVIDIA. Thanks for the help.

MB: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX
CPU: AMD FX-4100
RAM: 8GB
Old 08-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Cheetah

Hello everybody!!!

So i have successful Lion with iatkos L2 installation in my specs:

PIIX4 965 Revision Deneb C3
M4a77T/USB3.0 (USB3.0 OFF)
HD6870 Dual Fan Barts XT
2x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Kingston!
HDD 1TB SATA SEAGATE With 3 Partitions (Snow 1st Lion 2nd Windows 7 3rd)

Well... i can boot in any of the 3 OS without problems and i don't have problem with copy and paste in Lion

Thanks for VERY NICE KERNEL!!

PS: I am a girl u.u. Greetings from Brazil!

Next Step is to Fix my Text Editor Sometimes Wont Open ;(
Old 08-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielayumi View Post
Hello everybody!!!

So i have successful Lion with iatkos L2 installation in my specs:
awesome , did u used iatkos L2 directly, or used Snow leopard to install Iatkos ?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Jaguar

It just has come to my mind: we have patches for AMD, made by bronzovka and rawx86. Using some text tool, can't we just separate the specific AMD instructions by comparing with the vanilla source and then apply them to the Mountain Lion source? Or even better, following and useful advice from Meklort, apply them as a binary patch to the Mountain Lion binary? It would be possible to test it?

If yes, i'm willing to do it and make the experiment. Can someone point me to some text tool that make possible to compare and extract the differences between two texts (these would be the patched kernel and the vanilla kernel) saving me the time to do it by eye, so i can re-patch it and compile it for mountain lion instead?

Can someone explain me what tools and procedures do i use to apply a binary patch to the binary kernel?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Connactic View Post
It just has come to my mind: we have patches for AMD, made by bronzovka and rawx86. Using some text tool, can't we just separate the specific AMD instructions by comparing with the vanilla source and then apply them to the Mountain Lion source? Or even better, following and useful advice from Meklort, apply them as a binary patch to the Mountain Lion binary? It would be possible to test it?
The answer is no, it ain't that easy.
The main reason has already been discussed at great length in this thred.
It is, that the current patch works for i386 Kernel only, which is no longer part of Mountain Lion. It can be compiled from the source code, but is actually useless as all the Kernel Extensions are x86_64 only as well.

Also the new XNU comes up with some major code changes.

I am currenlty doing some experiments on this - but you should not expect a working solution - especially not within a short time.

Quote:
Can someone point me to some text tool that make possible to compare and extract the differences between two texts
FileMerge - it's part of Xcode.

AMD FX 4100
MSI 760GM-P23
Radeon HD6570
OS X Lion Retail 10.7.5
Lion Kernel Project
Old 08-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Jaguar

I'll really beg you to forgive me if i look stubborn right now, RAW, but i was talking about using the 64-bit patched kernel of yours (yes, that one that gives us instant reboots) and apply these patches of yours to the source code (or, even better, to the binary, as meklort advised) of the new XNU (which is also 64-bit, of course) to see what happens.

Let's say i really wanna try it myself and see what happens: what text tools do i use to this task, so i don't have to examine line by line of the code? Thank you very much for answering!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Jaguar

Oops, you did it already! Thank you very much indeed!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:14 AM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ham4ever View Post
awesome , did u used iatkos L2 directly, or used Snow leopard to install Iatkos ?
hi i have one tutorial in osx86.net in Potuguease.

yes i have used Snow Leopard to install iatkos in another partition (2nd partition) and replaced the kernel and my appleatiata kext for my motherboard and... Azalia HD audio for Audio.

after that you need to upgrade your bootloader to the last version... and the bootflags PCIRootUID=1 -legacy UseKernelCache=No -v -f if your system wont boot at first time try again... if wont boot again ask here in forum i think we can help you

Greetings From Brazil!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Jaguar

Reporting back from my experiment: in the end you were right, RAW, as expected btw: it ain't that easy. So the transition to Mountain Lion will be a troubled one for AMD hackintoshes, also as expected.

How are your own experiments doing?
Old 08-25-2012, 01:18 AM
Jaguar

I'm running Lion 10.7.4 and, as i said, it runs just fine on my PC. But 32-bit only, so no Finder and other 64-bit apps (even my CPU being a 64-bit capable CPU; ssse3 is crucial for Lion to support 64-bit apps on 32-bit mode).

With Mountain-Lion, as said in various places, including here, we'll definitely need a ssse3 emulator for non-FX CPUs, but even that won't be enough: until now, we couldn't get a Lion 64-bit kernel to work on AMD CPUs, even Buldozer ones; the maximum we got was 64-bit app support, only on Buldozer CPUs. To run Mountain Lion, we've got to do better than that: we'll need a 64-bit kernel and the ssse3 emulator (a static one, easier than the previous on the fly sse3 emulator, but still no easy a task) for the non-FX CPUs. So the mountain to climb is high indeed.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.