Thread: Lion with AMD
View Single Post

Old 05-13-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todesto View Post
I have similar issue, installed 10.7.2 and booted fine, seems to work. Wanted to get imessage, so updated to 10.7.3 using comboupdate, change kernel, then won't boot.
tried with bunch of kernel flags then somehow booted with -x -v ncpi=0x3000 arch=i386, then rebooted with -v npci=0x3000 arch=i386, then boots. now some USB not working because I used Tonyman multibeast for lion after updating to 10.7.3 and used USB rollback. Would you mind telling me which custom IOUSBfamily you used? I would like to try that.

I am try something to see if I can get iCloud to work.....will post later if succeed.
iCloud/iMessage will not work on AMD systems, due to the kernel being self-compiled. The only way to get it working is using the vanilla mach_kernel, and you can't do that unless you're running an Intel system. Appstore will work flawlessly though.

Even if you have en0 </true>, ethernet device-prop, ethernetbuiltin. I think it's an underlying issue with the UUID not being passed to iCloud and iMessage that's not actually giving your device the authentication it needs to connect to the server. But I've not investigated the issue, but I've read countless posts online. Once I switched to Intel build, it worked automatically.

Here's a topic about the issue: http://revogirl.wordpress.com/2012/0...n-in-problems/

Last edited by lunfai; 05-13-2012 at 07:39 PM.