InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 05-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaton2012 View Post
Here's my working zz folder for those of you who mistakenly deleted yours. My program that I wrote with applescript will search for, find, and give you the choice of doing "chflags uchg" (disabling) or "chflags nouchg" (enabling) ALL xpchelper cache files, which will fix the problem with copy and paste, crashing applications, etc without creating other various problems associated with deleting the zz folder.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you do not want to use this program and chose to use the terminal then do this script to disable the cache:

Code:
sudo find /private/var/folders -name "com.apple.xpchelper*" -exec chflags uchg \{\} \;
... or this one to enable it:

Code:
sudo find /private/var/folders -name "com.apple.xpchelper*" -exec chflags nouchg \{\} \;
Thanks , but i rewrite or copy this folder When i've a problem?. Or it solved all problem ??( When i copy a file to desktop, it don't Go , remain whit the bar in loading and don't copy file/folder/etc...)
Old 05-22-2012, 05:17 AM
#ADHDMedia

So here's one I just noticed.

First, the success story:

I've been working on getting 10.7.4 set up and stable because I built a Hack Pro for my wife for school. I was working with the drive that it's installed on inside of my Hack Pro (identical hardware) while getting everything set up, before migrating the drive into the other tower.

Long story short, I was very happy with the results. She's been using the computer for a few days now with no problems whatsoever. She mainly uses iWork and Evernote for school, so nothing too hardcore, but the system is working perfectly. It's an identical build to the one in my sig, with the exception being that it's running a GTX 550ti. Mission accomplished, basically.

Okay, here's the weird part:

Now that I'm all back up and running on my build with my 10.6.7 drive, everything is back to normal. Except (of course there's an exception) for the fact that my system profiler is no longer detecting my CPU type and speed properly?! It's showing a 4.6GHz 6 Core Intel Xeon processor, when it ALWAYS showed the proper AMD PII before installing Lion on a separate drive. Even stranger, it's showing the same thing it was showing under Lion when I had that drive installed on this computer. And I can't get it to change back, even with OSX86Tools (I know, ancient, but it worked for me before).

So here's the question:

What the hell happened?! How did installing Lion on a completely different drive screw up my Snow Leopard drive from auto-detecting CPU type and speed? And more importantly, HOW CAN I FIX IT???

***EDIT*** I updated the boot loader on the SL drive... Could that be it?

• AMD Phenom II X6 1075T
• ASUS M4A78LT-M
• 12GB DDR3
• XFX Radeon HD 5750 1GB
• 160GB HDD | OSX 10.6.7
• 500GB HDD | OSX 10.7.2

Last edited by anonomys209; 05-22-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:01 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by R:A:W:X86 View Post
10.7.4 / AMD anybody?
great kernel on 10.7.4 works great on my phenom 9650 x4 better proformance than snow leo. anv kernel ( no Offence anv)

just wondering dont know how much trouble it is but.........

do you think you can make a 10.6.8 kernel for us (me) anv kernel doesent sync tsc when booting on your lion kernel it syncs and is very smooth.
and i still love snow and do alot of work on it (Cubase) and are held back by plug ins not compatible with lion, would love to see if you can bring those skills back to snow

?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Puma

Hey I always get a KP while shutting down, because of the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Is there anysolution for this problem?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Puma

Delete it ....……
Old 05-24-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryman View Post
Hey I always get a KP while shutting down, because of the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Is there anysolution for this problem?
As Fraom said, delete it. Or use NullCPUPowerManagement.

My Hardware
CPU: Intel Celeron G530
Memory: 4.00 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3
Old 05-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonomys209 View Post
You need to show hidden files, navigate to /system/installations/packages and target install OSinstall.mpkg to your Lion partition or drive.
Oh haha thanks. So once I use the mpkg I can install lion?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealized View Post
...use NullCPUPowerManagement.
No need for that kext, the Kernel has the black lister, that does the exact same job. So I don't think this will have any affect...

AMD FX 4100
MSI 760GM-P23
Radeon HD6570
OS X Lion Retail 10.7.5
Lion Kernel Project
Old 05-24-2012, 10:44 PM
#ADHDMedia

How bout anyone having shutdown issues where it just closes everything and starts to shut down and then it logs back in and does nothing?

• AMD Phenom II X6 1075T
• ASUS M4A78LT-M
• 12GB DDR3
• XFX Radeon HD 5750 1GB
• 160GB HDD | OSX 10.6.7
• 500GB HDD | OSX 10.7.2
Old 05-25-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonomys209 View Post
So here's one I just noticed.

Okay, here's the weird part:

Now that I'm all back up and running on my build with my 10.6.7 drive, everything is back to normal. Except (of course there's an exception) for the fact that my system profiler is no longer detecting my CPU type and speed properly?! It's showing a 4.6GHz 6 Core Intel Xeon processor, when it ALWAYS showed the proper AMD PII before installing Lion on a separate drive. Even stranger, it's showing the same thing it was showing under Lion when I had that drive installed on this computer. And I can't get it to change back, even with OSX86Tools (I know, ancient, but it worked for me before).

So here's the question:

What the hell happened?! How did installing Lion on a completely different drive screw up my Snow Leopard drive from auto-detecting CPU type and speed? And more importantly, HOW CAN I FIX IT???

***EDIT*** I updated the boot loader on the SL drive... Could that be it?
There is your answer. Updated bootloader. I don't know when it started, but after certain version of chameleon, any cpu with 4 cores or more will show as Xeon.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.

Moved to INTEL
i5-2500K / GA-Z77-DS3H / HD5770
OS X 10.7.4 all working!
Win 7 ultimate running on Parallel