View Single Post

Old 03-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Cheetah

Will it? I mean I run OSX because I like the operating system. I like to build my computers by hand selecting components. I never have nor never will buy a pre-built computer. Apple will never get me to buy one of their computers. Even if I did buy pre-built computers I would need a MacPro and I just can't afford it. $700 if I build a PC for OSX and $2500 if I buy one from Apple. That's a huge difference. Right now I'm still on an older computer I've built and installed 10.4.8 on. It's great and I really like OSX. But does that mean I should buy a mac mini that won't be able to do the work I need it to just so I'm "legit"? Software restrictions really bother me. I don't mind paying for a product. I actually like paying for something that I'm going to get real use out of and enjoy. But saying I can't use software because I didn't buy your hardware is insulting. Some people are still going to buy Apple branded hardware because of the style and the image. But for me it's just about a nice OS that I really enjoy over Linux,Windows,BeOS,Amiga, etc. I hope Psystar wins, or at the least Apple stops trying to keep the OSX86 community down. Embrace, not despise.

OS X 10.4.8 / AMD 64bit 3000+ / MSI K8t-Neo FSR / Geforce 6800