View Single Post

Old 10-25-2009, 12:46 AM
Cheetah

I don't get the argument here. This whole community is built on doing something Apple are absolutely against. We are taking their product, which many of us never paid for and hacking it to run on hardware Apple haven't sanctioned us to run it on and then we criticize the likes of PearC and Pystar for making it easier for end users who just want to run OS X but without taking out a second mortgage to do it. Most people who want to use OS X just don't understand all the terminology and method behind getting it to run on the many different hardware configurations out there. They just want to boot up and go! Companies like Pystar and PearC make that possible and from the prices I have seen they are comparable with most PC Stores. Obviously for self builders we can do it cheaper but again, the majority of people would not know where to start.

The reason most of us are here is because we refuse to pay the exorbitant prices Apple charges for it's hardware. Ever since Apple shifted to Intel it's been style over substance. Apple computers are now basically an over priced pc in a nice case.....and that's it, period!

As for Apple suing the clone makers they certainly won't win against PearC because they are not doing anything illegal under German law and I doubt they will win against Pystar. Their only option is to just change the licensing but I'm pretty sure someone will find a way around that one also. What they should be doing is releasing the OS for use on any Intel based machine. They would make a fortune and win a heck of a lot of friends into the bargain