View Single Post

Old 08-08-2010, 12:47 PM

Hey Andy,

This sounds like the most important milestone in the process of making Snow Leopard XNU more comfortable for AMD users has finaly been reached, too bad it looks like something went wrong when uploading it.

I hope you are going to provide working download mirror soon, I can't wait to test on-the-fly patching feature.

Just some of my noobish thaughts about the left issues:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyvand View Post
- The custom dyld doesn't work for all apps, if somebody could check my patch...
If problems with it you can use the standard dyld with boot argument
std_dyld=Yes
If I use " std_dyld=Yes" would on-the-fly-patching stop to work for loading dynamic libraries? / Is your custom dyld even causing problems if the Kernel would be forced to boot 32-Bit like when using the "-legacy" flag on the good old Voodoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyvand View Post
- Because I don't know how Snow Leopard precisely decrypts the segments I am currently using stock loading code for encrypted binaries, hereby they won't be patched.
If somebody could whip up a decryption routine it will work without any flaws
On 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 I have had only one encrypted binary that required beeing patched, which is /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app/Contents/MacOS/SystemUIServer - having it CPUID-patched is necessary for volume control in menubar to work when using AppleHDA.kext
Replacing the original with the decrypted one created by Marvin's AMD Utility and then patching it using Maxxus Patcher worked like a charm.

I would even appreaciate having kind of "dirty" workaround beeing kernel-integrated for that... Do you think there might be a way at this moment?

AMD Phenom II X4 955 - ASRock AM3A770DE - 8GB DDR3-1333 - Radeon HD 5570 1GB passiv - BCM4318 802.11b/g - Snow Leopard Retail
+++
AMD Phenom X3 8450 - ASRock AM2NF6G-VSTA (BIOS L2.39) - 4GB DDR2-800 - Radeon HD 4650 512MB - Snow Leopard Retail (retired) / OpenBSD