View Single Post

Old 08-08-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imkantus View Post
Hey Andy,

This sounds like the most important milestone in the process of making Snow Leopard XNU more comfortable for AMD users has finaly been reached, too bad it looks like something went wrong when uploading it.

I hope you are going to provide working download mirror soon, I can't wait to test on-the-fly patching feature.

Just some of my noobish thaughts about the left issues:

If I use " std_dyld=Yes" would on-the-fly-patching stop to work for loading dynamic libraries? / Is your custom dyld even causing problems if the Kernel would be forced to boot 32-Bit like when using the "-legacy" flag on the good old Voodoo?

On 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 I have had only one encrypted binary that required beeing patched, which is /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app/Contents/MacOS/SystemUIServer - having it CPUID-patched is necessary for volume control in menubar to work when using AppleHDA.kext
Replacing the original with the decrypted one created by Marvin's AMD Utility and then patching it using Maxxus Patcher worked like a charm.

I would even appreaciate having kind of "dirty" workaround beeing kernel-integrated for that... Do you think there might be a way at this moment?
It can't decrypt and patch them at this moment, if somebody knows precisely how it decrypts the segment using the new dsmos_page_transform function, please let me know and then I can fix this.
You can use the stock dyld and force patching using
std_dyld=Yes patcher_opts=2
The dyld may need a review or the other option is a patched stock one (without sysenter traps...)
I'll keep looking into this and will also provide a 10.4.0 as soon as I've made one.