View Single Post

Old 08-08-2010, 11:26 PM

OK; Here comes my short first testing experience:

I made a complete new Snow Leopard Installation & added 10.6.4 Combo Update + the necessary patches for my hardware to work + the new Kernel. (CPUIDs remain unpatched).

On first boot I was stuck with just the mouse cursour and a grey background - booting using std_dyld=Yes made the Welcome-Multiple-Languages-Video and the first boot assistant beeing launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyvand View Post
You can use the stock dyld and force patching using
std_dyld=Yes patcher_opts=2
I have tried that, but the patcher still doesn't work.

Using the custom dyld my self-calibrated colour profile doesn't load - just after selecting it manually in system-prefernces gets it used.
For the moment I haven't tried much Apps, but have not experied any other malfunction related to the customized dyld as well....

I am going to stay with manually patched system for productive usage for the moment, but ofcourse I'll keep testing the new kernel + future builds & keep reporting my further experiences with using it.

Screenshot of iTunes working fine using on-the-fly patcher:

Thank you very much for all your efforts and work invested into the OSx86-XNU development.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 - ASRock AM3A770DE - 8GB DDR3-1333 - Radeon HD 5570 1GB passiv - BCM4318 802.11b/g - Snow Leopard Retail
+++
AMD Phenom X3 8450 - ASRock AM2NF6G-VSTA (BIOS L2.39) - 4GB DDR2-800 - Radeon HD 4650 512MB - Snow Leopard Retail (retired) / OpenBSD