Thread: Asus K50IN
View Single Post

Old 11-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Jaguar

Well, I haven't been before, but since I have been messing-up with that AppleHDA, then my system is no longer stable. Actually, I'm nearly giving up on this, because of too many things not working.

1. Sound, which is very important is not working. USB works, but it's not convenient at all.
2. Wifi doesn't work either. I've heard that there is a way to enforce it to work. The method is called "pin 21 patch" which makes the Wifi always on. In windows, it has a way of enabling/disabling the PCI port where the Wifi device is on; but there is no way for Mac to know that. If there is a BIOS setting to always switch the Wifi on all the time, then it would be cool. But unfortunately, the AMI BIOS is such a joker BIOS, you can't do that.
3. Dual monitor isn't working. I have a bigger (21") screen, that I want my hack to work on. This notebook has a VGA out, I tried, but it didn't get any output to that screen.

I'm a Web developer, so, I guess I'm going to use VMWare and install the Linux that I like there. And I'll be using Windows 7 while waiting for these issues to be resolved.

Good luck guys!!! I'll watch this thread, and please keep me posted

ASUS X5DIN-SX176C (K50IN motherboard) / Intel Core 2 Duo T9900 @ 3.06 GHz x 2 / nVidia GeForce G102M 512 MB / 15.6" HD LED / 320 GB + 1 TB / 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 / OS X 10.6.8 Vanilla