Thread: Asus K50IN
View Single Post

Old 10-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_the_oak View Post
Look at my tutorial in the first post...
Quote:
5. Post-configuration part II

So... we've got our own DSDT, let's use some of its potential and delete NullCPUPowerManagement from our Extra finally.
In the main directory of Extra (where smbios.plist is) paste compiled DSDT with .dsl extension. Then we put my audio fix - LegacyHDA_ALC662-v.1 and AnyCardReader to Extra/KextStore.

The next step is replacing 3 files in System/Library/Extensions (one of them is a cosmetic fix - after updating to 10.6.8, our controller is no longer identified as MCP79 AHCI even though the part regarding MCP79 is exactly the same in AppleAHCIPort 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 (our dev id is still there...), I wasn't able to find any other way to fix the issue than replacing new AppleAHCIPort to the one from Mac OS X 10.6.7... well... I am not a real fan of rollbacks but when there is no alternative and the system isn't going to be updated anymore...):

AppleAHCIPort, AppleHDA, IOAudioFamily

Why do we have to replace AppleHDA? Unfortunately, after waking up from sleep - our audio was broken... patched IOAudioFamily fixes the problem but it isn't developed since Mac OS X 10.6.2 and it doesn't work not only with Mac OS X 10.6.8 (what is obvious since AppleHDA has got a new structure) but also with 10.6.7. I am not able to create an update to this kext so we have to use older AppleHDA until I learn how to do this or someone else creates one.

Finally, we can make our bootloader look nicer. Paste my Themes folder to Extra and use Kext Wizard to rebuild cache, fix permissions etc. (in general - check all options). Be patient - it takes a while!

Reboot with -v flag to know if something goes wrong - it's the last time you have to see this ugly screen, I promise [IMG]file:///D:/Mac/Tut/part4_files/yuck.png[/IMG]
Ok this is where I got some misunderstanding. I think complied DSDT will have .aml extension, not dsl. The dsl is for the source file, right? One more thing is can I use LegacyHDA_ALC662-v.1 , and replace AppleAHCIPort, AppleHDA, IOAudioFamily if I don't have DSDT? Cause I currently don't have Ubuntu to extract it.