View Single Post

Old 03-19-2010, 05:33 AM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
Hi guys,

I am making available a kernel that I modified from the 10.2.0 AnV/Qoopz diff file that includes a corrected FSB detection specifically for Phenoms. I did not alter the diff in any other way, so they deserve most of the credit for this one. Basically, my change checks for whether the processor is a Phenom or Shanghai and if it is, doubles the detected FSB speed. If it isn't, the kernel is then the same as AnV/Qoopz's. I've included the diff file in case anyone wants to use what I've done in other kernels.

The reason it doubles the FSB is that the busratio is then detected as the actual CPU multiplier set in the BIOS and not double it. This means that you are no longer capped to 3.0 GHz as a maximum CPU clock speed since the kernel has a busratio cap of 30. Now, you can be able overclock your Phenom to up to 6GHz (theoretically) and the kernel won't panic due to the cap.

I hope this benefits all you Phenom users out there!!

http://www.innovativecinemasystems.c.../10.2.0-BK.zip

*EDIT*
Had to remove Shanghai support. I'll keep working on adding it and post an update when I think it'll work. I don't have one so I can't test, but when I added it to the kernel, it broke the Phenom support. When I get that fixed, I'll re-upload so people with Shanghais can test it.
thanks mang

iDeneb 10.5.7 -cpus=4
Windows Vista x32 H.P.
Btldr: Chameleon 2 RC4 PCEFI 10_5
Legacey Kernel 10.2.0

PC SPEC:
AMD P2 X4 955 @3.5GHz - MB: MSI 785GM-E65 - Graphics: MSI R5670 1 GB DDR5 - HDD SataII 500Gb + 320Gb - USB SataII 300Gb Seagate; 4Gig DDR3 1333Mhz; Antec 550w True Power PSU