View Single Post

Old 06-23-2011, 07:33 AM
#ADHDMedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imkantus View Post
Past time I have had such issues using any Kernel with integrated dyld on the old Phenom X3 machine as well - some of those might have been related to some broken electrolytic capacitors that are giving me memtest freezes with more than 2 DIMM of RAM, so I cannot make any proper testings using that rig nor a clear statement what issues have actually been Kernel related.

For those reasons I have put some money into new hardware.
When setting up the new PC the day before yesterday I tried Andy's latest 10.6.6 Kernel with auto-patching dyld as well as the one nawcom has compiled using previous patch.
Both result into dyld related sysenter traps when launching 32-Bit Apps, both Kernel are fine when booting maxmem=4000 - so I think this is actually sort of bug in the Kernel Patch not in custom dyld.

Currently I am using some older Kernel Patch that Andy has once released for use with 10.6.4 compiled with latest Darwin source code, in combination with manually patched sysenter traps (code signatures not removed manually) in dyld, libSystem.B.dylib, libSystem.B_debug.dylib and libSystem.B_profile.dylib
This make me able to use full 8GB of memory in -force64 mode + fully working 32-Bit Apps.

I'm also having this exact issue myself... I can run 32/64 bit with no issues when limiting my RAM to 4GB, but when I try to boot with more than that I cannot run any of my 32 bit apps. It sounds like you have a fix for this remedy, is there any chance you can post a tutorial or at least a link to one? I would love to be able to use all 8 GB of RAM that I have in my system

Thanks to all in advance...!