View Single Post

Old 09-25-2008, 04:02 AM
Jaguar

Coming Soon: iPC OSx86 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3 (10.5.5)

Well,

I've decided to post this here and on my site because apparently InsanelyMac doesn't want this as shown by the fact that any threads regarding this are deleted. I am the one and only pcwiz and I would like to present my upcoming OSx86 distro, iPC OSx86.

What sets iPC apart from other distros is that it is as close to a vanilla install as possible, and there is superior driver support to accommodate close to all common hardware. Here's a screenshot of the options list:

What is not on the list that will be included in the final release is NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX Drivers, all the language packages (yes, I removed the languages to free up space but ultimately I will put them back in) the 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel, and of course the AMD patch. 9800GTX package is done, I'm in the process of building the DVD to make the AMD patch, and I'm waiting for the voodoo kernel to be released.

At this current time the DVD is sitting at 10.5.4, I'm waiting for the Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel to be finalized before I update it to 10.5.5, but ultimately the final release will be 10.5.5 Now I need YOUR input. Any questions, suggestions, and comments are really appreciated!