View Single Post

Old 09-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Jaguar

iPC will have NO customizations. No changed bg, no changed About this Mac, just retail Leopard as it should be. Believe me, I don't like customizations either. Takes away from the experience of using Leopard. The DVD uses the official Chameleon installer package on the Chameleon site to install the bootloader onto the partition and I'm pretty sure it marks the partition as active, although that will need further testing to confirm.

OK so I did some in depth analysis of the difference between the PCIe and the AGP kexts. The two cards I chose were the ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP and PCIe versions. Each driver package contains 3 kexts, ATIRadeonX2000.kext, ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle, and Natit.kext. I compared the Info.plist of each kext in AGP and PCIe. Here are the differences:

ATIRadeonX2000.kext

The only difference in terms of AGP and PCIe is the version number of the kext. The AGP version is version 1.5.24.9 (5280) where as the PCIe version is 1.5.28.21 (5703)

ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle

Again, only a difference in version with 1.5.24.9 (5280) with the AGP and 1.5.28.21 (5703) with the PCIe.

Natit.kext

In the Info.plist for the Natit.kext of each version, I found a more considerable difference. In the AGP version the name string is set to ATY,Lamna throughout the plist and in the PCIe version its set to ATY,Triakis.

In regards to ATIinject.kext, the only drivers in my distro that use that kext are the ATI Radeon X1000 71cx Drivers, but I think MacLovin said somewhere that you didn't even need ATIinject.kext for it to work. Do you know if leaving ATIinject causes a KP or is it OK to leave it? I don't have an ATI card here so I can't test that.

Not sure about QuickTime, never had problems with it even with 7.5.4 so I think its a video related issue. Which drivers do you want?