View Single Post

Old 04-01-2009, 05:06 AM
Puma

hey i posted something very similar, i have tried to look for other similar posts since the i7 is what people are generally upgrading to these days, the more popular a piece of hardware is the more they will develop distros to suit our hardware. Im getting XxX osx 86 as we speak and have been told by others with i7 core tech that it works flawlessly. I cant wait to get home and try for my self after distros like iPC iAtkos IDeneb etc. turned up bad and useless. BUT last night i used iAtkos and got a clean install - to my knowledge it worked fine, but i wasnt able to boot in (even trying the -x safemode option). Check my post http://www.infinitemac.com/f7/working-distro-t2450/...

if you have another distro besides XxX v2, try using this: im not expert but i know u'll only be using a single core...

at F8 boot installation type...
busratio=20 fsb=133 cpus=1 -v -f

Specs:AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.61GHz-ASUS M2N-SLI DELUXE-NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI-PCI-E ATI Radeon X1900 XT-2x SATA1TB / 1x IDE120GB-Audigy2ZS-NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller-2x 1GB DDR2 PC2-6400 400MHz GEIL-Apple IphoneJailbroken 2.2 8GB