View Single Post

Old 09-03-2008, 03:31 PM

Hi guys,

Its been couple of months since i posted this topic when i was interested in building one more Intel based Hack besides my AMD box. Well, i built it last week (hehe after all these months it is the time) and my impressions - super satisfied. My budget was limited, nothing unusual after summer holiday.
So, i took Intel Q6600, Gigabyte EP35-DS3, Gigabyte 8600GT, 2 gigs DDR2 800. Installed from retail dvd os-x 10.5, updated to 10.5.4 and running vanilla kernel on guid partition table. System running great, installed alc889a, ich9 and applied power-off fix. No problems with this system at all, very much satisfied.
I had two minor issues which were fixed in no time. _CFGetHostUUIDString, error 35, some used ionetworkfamilyfix to fix this. Besides graphics and audio string i also added my ethernet string to EFI, no more console error, simple like that. Secondly, X11 wouldn't start, just looping and relaunching itself. I updated it with version 2.3.0 from XQuartz project, works like a charm. My Xbench result, without disk test, is ~ 220 score. QE and OpenGL score is even higher than with my other 8800GTS. It seems that leopard likes 8600GT a bit more. I will post xbench results and also some pics of this fresh built hack.