View Single Post

Old 01-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj007 View Post
First off great release and I have had best success with your distro.

I do though have one problem. I have now tried, with the same successful iPC DVD, to install on a new drive and I keep getting the same error. I have selected the same packages as my previous successful install but constantly get "failed to load com.apple.driver.appleacpipci" on first boot. I install successfully each time with no errors from the DVD install log but on first boot get that error. Any suggestions?
I'm having this exact same problem. I've done a few reinstalls, and it has worked a couple times, but for the most part, I get this error. It doesn't KP, but comes up with the circle with the line through it on the gray apple. It's gotta be a kernel problem. When doing an install with no extra kexts, it boots fine. I'm still trying to figure out which kext is causing this. One thing I have changed is I am installing in AHCI mode. Before I was using IDE as my SATA controller. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

In addition, when installing with no extra kexts and then using OSX86Tools to detect and install the kexts for my hardware, upon reboot, I get a KP with "OS version not set" or whatever it is. Kinda' wierd.

Last edited by InteliMacPro; 01-14-2009 at 06:04 PM.