View Single Post

Old 02-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Cheetah

how much different is it from the single layer version?

First let me say thanks for making a really solid distro. Would it be possible to make a ppf patch for the the DL using the single layer as a source? I'd love to try it out and having a live dvd for rescue purposes would be great, but my internet connection is really slow.

I pay close to $70 a month and never get speeds higher than 150K/sec. My ISP are total bit torrent fascists. According to them "it totally trashes their network"

They take traffic shaping to a whole new level. At one point they actually capped my bandwidth at 1/2 what I was paying for! It always seemed slow. Especially since my last house had 12mbps cable

I have all my bills on auto pay so it took me like 4 months to realize what they were doing. They never tried to contact me about it. I never got a refund and no justification for what they'd done, besides "It really messes up our network." what a load of BS ...

Worst part is I can't get cable internet, dsl,or even 3G broadband where I live so I'm stuck with this crappy WISP or (shudder) i go back to dial up..... I can't wait to move.

But I digress. Would patching the single layer DVD be possible in an effective way? . Cutting the size of the download for the live dual layer would be really great?

So far iPC is my favorite distro. It's very thorough and well organized It had nearly everything to get my Inspiron 1525 up and running and what it didn't have was trivial to install.

Thanks Again