View Single Post

Old 04-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Cheetah

Destinony has won again. Please help.

I’m a 63 year-old construction worker displaced by an illegal work force and making a documentary about the working man’s plight. Apple stopped supporting Mac PC, which means I need a completely new system to finish my project, but no funds. I got a special piece of software that requires to be run on Intel Mac. So I’m hacking my old homebuilt PC to emerge as a Hackintosh.

I researched and found that the leader of this board also uses the same board. I bought a legal copy of SL and downloaded his iPortable Snow x86. But my Intel PC wouldn’t recognize the flash drive and asks me if I want to format it.

After checking bios setup, I figure the old bios needs updating and attempt to go online. The last time I went online with this computer was dial up and now I’m on High speed cable. After much effort, I can’t configure it to work and so use my older Mac, G-4-Tiger, to download the appropriate bios from Asus. After much difficulty getting to a dos prompt, I finally attempt a bios refresh through Afuse on a floppy. I then get an error telling me the bio’s ID is incorrect. Then to move on, I use my old Mac to place the SL hack on an properly formated IDE drive and place it directly in the Intel PC computer. After several bios changes, all I get is a blinking bare prompt (blinks faster than the usual dos prompt) but not able to type. I then plug in my usb keyboard and still not able to type.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Asus P4P800e-Duluxe with 2.5 gig mem
IDE drives, non usb keyboard and mouse.
XP Windows