InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 02-15-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agg23 View Post
How can you have a vanilla AMD install? I thought that only Intel could have the vanilla kernel.
Agree with you... how can we install retail on amd?
I tried with empire efi but nothing to do, only black screen on dvd retail boot...

Snow Leopard Client-Server 10.6.5 by Hazard
10.6.5 legacy kernel for INTEL/AMD V2 Kernel
Cpu: AMD Phenom X4 965
Motherboard: Asus M4A78 pro AMD 780G / AMD SB700 chipset
Ram: 6 gb @ 800 Mhz
Gpu: nVidia 8800gts 512 pci-xpress - Audio integrated: VIA VT1708S
AHCI mode HDs
Old 02-16-2010, 09:30 AM

have you been asleep?

you install vanilla from retail DVD on amd then replace the kernel + bootloader + a kext or two. this is how it's always been, hasn't changed.

you can't boot with the vanilla kernel on amd

Last edited by spalek83; 02-16-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:52 PM

I'm not sleeping... if you drive me maybe i can do it...
How can you install retail dvd on amd?
Retail dvd doesn't boot, with empire efi... black screen, from another partition...? with my hardware i can't install leopard as well. If you are so awake help us.

Snow Leopard Client-Server 10.6.5 by Hazard
10.6.5 legacy kernel for INTEL/AMD V2 Kernel
Cpu: AMD Phenom X4 965
Motherboard: Asus M4A78 pro AMD 780G / AMD SB700 chipset
Ram: 6 gb @ 800 Mhz
Gpu: nVidia 8800gts 512 pci-xpress - Audio integrated: VIA VT1708S
AHCI mode HDs
Old 03-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Cheetah

Ok, let's ignore all those creatures creeping out of their holes just to yell "vanilla install is best!!!" (what's their motivation for this at all, in a topic that's clearly meant for distro installations?!) and return to what this topic was about.

There's a new pre-installed image mainly based on Hazard's distribution, with some useful modifications, see this topic:
iPortable Snow OSx86 10.6.2 Bootable USB image [Intel SSE2/SSE3]
Old 03-05-2010, 04:44 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJS View Post
Ok, let's ignore all those creatures creeping out of their holes just to yell "vanilla install is best!!!" (what's their motivation for this at all, in a topic that's clearly meant for distro installations?!) and return to what this topic was about.

There's a new pre-installed image mainly based on Hazard's distribution, with some useful modifications, see this topic:
iPortable Snow OSx86 10.6.2 Bootable USB image [Intel SSE2/SSE3]
You should be careful of saying that those people are "creatures" .. you don't have a f@cking clue who they are. This is exactly why I don't like distros, some people blurt out unpleasant words because they don't have the clue of the origin of the files that distros use - they just know that "hazard" did this or "snowosx" did this .. without even thinking .. hmmm .. where could the files that this distros used came from?

Those two who happen you say are "creatures" have given so many contributions in the osx86 community. One of them made the hacked kernel that these so called "distros" use. You should at least give them respect and don't give those remarks. It's just sad to hear that.

Normally I just ignore posts like this .. but I can't let this pass. This is way below the belt.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with they said. I totally agree with them.

Last edited by MonkeyDLuffy; 03-05-2010 at 05:04 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Cheetah

You are right, and I want to say that I regret using these words. In the moment I wrote these words I was upset by the elitist style of some people, which seem to me as if they wanted to say: "We are better than you." But I have to be fair and distinct between those who simply express that vanilla install is best in their opinion and the rather few ones who think that those who are not able to do a vanilla install are not worthy having a working OSx86-install - which is clearly wrong in my eyes as not everyone has the time to learn all the inside-knowledge of OS X. Or in other words, you don't have to be a dumb one if you are using a distro. For example, I'm in the game since 10.4.4 and do have the knowledge to do a vanilla install as well as I respect the massive amount of work that's been done by all the contributors to the OSx86-project. But I simply don't have the time to search for all solutions and kexts by my own - I have to earn money for my living and regretfully can't spend my time with tweaking my computers all night long - and I think it's a great step forward when the installation procedure is as unproblematic as possible.
Sometimes I just miss the appreciation for the work of distros, when I feel that some people just diss distros without any distinction. Which of course is not an excuse for being abusive. So I'm sorry - and I really mean this - for my words in the previous post.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Jaguar

It is very nice of you to apologize to them. I also apologize for saying such strong words - I was still shocked in that time when I was typing that message.

Anyway, I was also a distro user before way back on the Tiger days (jas,uphuck, etc). I don't come clean. Just did retail as soon as boot132 was invented and I would add that it was really easy - I was a complete total noob at that time and I've improved because of doing the retail way, I really learned a lot especially troubleshooting.

Those two are really great contributors in the osx86 community. They have every right to say what they feel about distros because most of the kext/kernels/methods that distros use are probably from their work (maybe with or without their consent). I am also talking about the other gurus out there. Without them, osx86 would have been more difficult. Kudos to them.

It is really hard to control what people say in a forum thread especially if it is public. Some would not meet others' standards and vice versa. IMHO, if I encounter posts that I don't like, I just ignore it. I know sometimes it is hard, but I would rather say nothing than say something bad.

I also respect that "retail" install is just not for you. Let us just respect each others opinion so we call all be happy

Cheers

Last edited by MonkeyDLuffy; 03-05-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Cheetah

Word & Cheers
Old 03-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Cheetah

Just google it or infinitemac it or insanelymac it
it takes time but you'll be happy after you made it
that's how it goes for me
need patient

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+
ATI Chipset SB600
3 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8400 SE
ALC 662 [Worked with azaliaaudio.pkg]
500 GB SATA II:
40 GB IDE:
1 TB SATA II
iATKOS_v7 II Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit II Windows XP II Retail Snow Leopard 10.6