View Single Post

Old 09-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbutcher View Post
1.) When I try to install the Voodoo prefpane, it tells me that it "Can't get registry-entry path." As far as I know, the VoodooHDA.kext is installed properly into General/Extensions, so I'm not sure what else I should be doing. I had the issue briefly while I was still at 10.6.0, but somehow got it to work then—not having so much luck now. Any ideas?
That is odd, its acting like VoodooHDA.kext is not loading, I am using
the same files and they are working, BTW if you want to download
the audio files from the source, get updated drivers, and so on, go to

Voodoohda Driver, Fully working!

About the only thing I can think to fix it, is to reinstall VoodooHDA.kext,
by putting it into "/Extra/GeneralExtensions" and re-running "UpdateExtra"
then install VoodooHDA.prefPane, by double clicking on it

Quote:
2.) Every once in a while the netbook will freeze coming out of sleep. This seems to mostly happen when it's been sleeping for a while, so my guess would be that it happens when the computer itself goes to sleep, not just the display. I could probably get around this by setting the computer to never sleep if necessary, but I'd prefer not to do that for obvious reasons.
I have always had sleep trouble on all my Windows PCs, and tend to not
use it, I did let the netbook sleep a few times, and at least once I had
to press a few keys and I think ESC a few times and it took a long time
to wake

Quote:
3.) Sometimes OS X will boot and I won't be able to use the mouse or keyboard at all. This hasn't happened in a while though, and the last time it did was while I was still in the initial install phase, so maybe I inadvertently fixed it since then.
I had also had that happen, but my wireless mouse still worked, so it
may have been a KEXT problem, or lack of a KEXT

Quote:
4.) The trackpad is a little fidgety, and in general is much too fast to assume I'm dragging, rather than scrolling. Also, it doesn't seem to respond to the Trackpad item in System Preferences at all. This isn't too big an issue, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask if anyone knows how to improve the trackpad.
I have given up on netbook/laptop trackpads, I always use a mouse, but
I do wish I had a fix for it, again I believe its a KEXT issue

Quote:
One other suggestion about the guide: for people like me who are really new to this, your language in the kext and dsdt section was a little confusing. It might be better to say that we should "place" the kexts into the general/extension folder, and then afterwards to "install" them by running UpdateExtra—that way we won't be googling around trying to find out how to install kexts, and then reading stuff that tells us to use terminal commands to install them into System/Library/Extensions, and then being confused when they don't work, and so forth. I don't know who would make that mistake, but it seems plausible to me...

Similarly with the dsdt section, if you said to "place" it into the general folder, and then to "install" it by rebooting, I think that might allay some confusion.
Yea good idea, I just changed that