View Single Post

Old 04-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Jaguar

I don't know where everyone gone, but for now, only EFI (Duet Emulation) would boot lion for now

I hacked around the efi shell and ...

(if you AT least boot into the screen where it tell you have XGB ram, and cpu type and speed, then you can use this method. )

I have find a way to "solve" the iboot's SMBIOS Not found problem that nobody answered before..
(I haven't fully tested yet - will sleep now after this post)

this will need you to have complied your own edk2(64bit only, must match your Efildr20 type) or clover (still need look at fixing it for 64-bit compile), you will need to add Smbiosdxe and smbiosgen to the dsc file.. (can also explain how to if needed)

with my Efildr20 (64bit file) from hacklion.zip, (the others Efildr20 does not work for me (MSI Nvidia based motherboard), just stuck at WELCOME TO EFI WORLD, or black screen etc) I was able to boot into a shell, (I will explain how to do this if needed) -

then from there I just use these commands

fsX: your drive (X = drive, use map to find it, ie: USB0)
cd to the dir of the smbios*.* file
load smbiosdxe.efi
load smbiosgen.efi
cd to iboot dir
iboot.efi

then iboot didn't complain about smbios not found anymore.. and tried to boot mach_kernel..

can also try load vbox things from clover, etc, but try that later..

you could use "devices" shell command to see whats loaded, but for some reason smbios does not show up.. (its not a "device")

you can't run the smbiosdxe.efi directly, it will say "image is not an application"

I hope this help others in the future.

later I need try figure out what *.efi file is the vesa driver (XPC complain no vesa driver)