View Single Post

Old 10-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Cheetah

New To Hackintoshing !

Hello :

I was directed to your forums by google, I was trying to Install iDeneb v1.6 on my 6 year old machine. I have since successfully installed it and am typing this from it !

Now seeing that I am somewhat new to all this, I was wondering by getting Sn0w leopard will it be easy to set up on that same rig ? And will there be an upgrade kit that lets us upgrade from a 10.5.8 based Hackintosh to 10.6 Snow Leopard one ?

Also now I know what kexts are and what Chameleon is .. But as far as all the other terminologies used in many of your Sn0w Leopard guides here, I'm afraid I understood none of it.

My Rig is SSE3 capable but NOT x64bit and has 3 IDE Hard drives 1 SATA Drive and 1 IDE DVD Drive and is a full blown Intel PC with a Single Core PiV HT 2.8Ghz CPU and an Intel D865 PERL Mobo with no Network card, although I have 3 PCi Network Cards 1 Realtek 10/100, 1 Realtek Gigabit Lan and 1 D-Link 10/100 Nic. The PC also has 4GB DDR1 800Mhz RAM !

That said, am I eligible for a Sn0w Leopard Install ? And can you point me the right direction to an easy to understand guide on how to install Sn0w ?

Sorry for lengthy post but I had to be clear about my situation coz I have tried on many of your sister sites to no avail, no one was replying, and I hope to GOD you are NOT like them !!!

Thank you for your support !

GOD Bless !