View Single Post

Old 02-09-2009, 02:18 AM

Nice little Mac-mini hack

Well i am posting here some info on this nice little mini hack that a friend of mine recently built. Not that powerful but yet enough (GMA950) for sort of movie/music center, surfing, emails, documents and all the other regular stuff, even some games. With nice mini case could be a perfect Leopard box. I really loved it and i am also planning to build one (board with atom330, 2x1.6GHz is around 90eur in europe, newegg ~80usd)

Intel D945GCLF2 mini-ITX. More info here:
http://www.intel.com/products/deskto...2-overview.htm

10.5.6, vanilla working fine. Tested with boot-132 cd, really minimal post installations required. Even integrated tv-out is working nicely at 1024x768. 2Gigs of 667 RAM is maximum supported but i just guess it's pretty enough for the purpose of this box. Over at ebay.de with preinstalled 2 gigs of ram could be found for around 108eur. All thats left is a HDD and it is ready to rock'n'roll. For people with such needs, watching movies, playing music with itunes or internet stuff and for those who like cute n' little, pretty much noiseless, box it could be a very nice solution. I will post some more info, and pics, when my friend assembles it completely (with new mini desktop case).

These are some original pics taken by my friend, the owner:

This is the case planed for it. For my version, i would try to go with even smaller case if possible to find

Last edited by milanca; 02-09-2009 at 03:01 AM. Reason: More original images added