View Single Post

Old 08-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Puma

Yes!!!

i saw this first on a tonymac dsdt file for sata. To make the sata device register using apple naming conventions and standards for port names etc, they just deleted all the code around the DEVICE entries leaving just device names and physical locations in brackets So following this exmaple for usb, delete all the code underneath each usb device entry in your dsdt, leaving just the device name and locations as follows (i renamed the usb devices prior to this mod using replace)

also make sure you use your ADR Values and not mine!!!

0000 = 1st device in group
0001 = 2nd device in group

some groups are big some are small. rename the devices (optional) based on ioreg data. You will end up with something like this :-

Device (OHC1)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
}

Device (OHC2)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00020001)
}

Device (EHC1)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00020002)
}

the os should then take over at boot to fill in the gaps! try it and let me know what you think. Do not remove any other usb related code as this is still needed for correct power management etc (i think) If anyone is reading, please let me if this is a bad idea. I copied someone else. I run the sata hack on another machine and its works fine. Good luck and let me know if this works for you. I think this method can be applied to many different devices for internal location etc

Cheers

lemonsoda

Last edited by lemonsoda; 08-20-2010 at 07:33 PM.