View Single Post

Old 03-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Cheetah

I have a dell 24" WFP(ultrasharp) model at the workstation beside me. They're pretty good, but for some reason reds are extremely over-saturated. It's hooked in to the DVI-out of a Mac Mini. I've yet to find a way to correct the ultra-intense reds. It's a non-TN display at least!

The Eizo's look great, but seem WAY over-priced here. I can hardly justify $3900AUD for a 24". Even the Apple 30" is $2800AUD, and likely a comparable (or better? S-IPS still?) panel. I don't care about the ratio, 4:3, 16:9, 16:10... but, bigger is always better. I won't use anything smaller than the 24's.

naquaada: I'm not yet using any osx86 workstations, and this includes the business. Nobody would really see the box itself, so I'm not too worried. I'll just disregard the silly laws instead of trying to change them (as you'll find most Aussies do). Love the Amiga tracker, that's great.

lanceomni: I'll likely use the test-box as my new primary, and have the 24" imac as a backup.

As for disk backups, I use carbon copy cloner extensively. It has saved my ass before