View Single Post

Old 02-10-2010, 04:31 AM
Jaguar

Maybe someone can help me here. I went ahead and downloaded hazard snow leopard client server 10.6.2 and it booted with no problem. However, I'm running into partition problems. I have a 1TB drive which currently holds windows 7. During the windows 7 installation i allocated 350GB to windows 7 and left the remainder of the drive unallocated. After booting the hazard dvd and when I get to the point of creating a partition to install snow leopard, I cant. If i leave my volume scheme as "current", I cant create a new partition. It's simply grayed out. If I select 1 or 2 or 3 partition, it divides my drive into 1, 2 or 3 partition respectively which makes me feel uneasy since it doesnt recognize my two existing partition for windows 7.

I downloaded gparted and tried creating a partition that route, but gparted did not see the two existing partitions where windows resides. I went ahead and created a separate 250GB partition via storage management in windows 7. I went ahead and booted off the hazard dvd thinking I would be able to select the newly created partition ( which I did not format) and to my surprise it was grayed out. What am I missing? Or will I have to buy a separate drive which will bring my total to 4 which im not too crazy about.