View Single Post

Old 02-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottage1909 View Post
I can restart and shutdown lan/internet works. Runs really stable. No audio devices so i re-installed and thistime selected audio drivers in addition to cmos fix and kernels. The install went fine but when i booted sl got double kp so it does not like my onboard audio (ati rv770/790) with these drivers. Any ideas to get audio working?

Where did you get all those options/features from? They were not on my hazard customization screen at start of install. Are you using the customization screen that you can select after you select your installation drive?

I also managed to apply the final hazard update to the original install using ppf omatic for windows but it did not seem to make any difference on my hardware. I suppose i need to know how to build a ppf file with the appropriate drivers or how to add them from sl

I only just realised if you press f8 when the aliens appear it puts you into a manual bootloader where you can slect your installed sl drive. Prior to this i was using efi bootloader and this gave me the mismatch problem.
I got most of the information from leo hazard web site. I just found my audio chip from my mobo's user manual (ALC889a) which is one of the options. In case you are wondering my mobo is a Gibabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P. Which kext did you use to be able to reboot/shutdown? Yes I am using the customization screen after I select my destination drive.