View Single Post

Old 01-13-2010, 01:48 AM

alright experiences not good..... well they are but it appears i have forgot so much or taken too much for granted. So heres the biggie there is no such thing as retail install on amd of snow leopard. Yes that right you read it correctly. I did the retail "INSTALL" as i would do normally only needed fakesmc.kext and sil3132.kext dropped in /extras folder but it will support SB600 SATA (AHCI) if you boot from the installer instead of running osxinstall.mpkg from an existing osx system. It all installs a treat. Used graphics enabler from Chameleon to get my new 9600gt working (boy that was easy) thanx Chameleon crew). So wheres the issue you ask? why not retail???? Well after many weird (no text) iTunes errors and 2 fresh installs after trying DSDT fixes and running in safe mode its turns out thats there is no Snow Leopard CPUID patching kernel for AMD. So to cut a long story short for it to run as it should you have to break out the old MARVIN's patcher. eg= patched snow install not retail. But the most amazing thing is unlike Leopard 10.5 you dont have to patch with marvins any of the install disk. Even tho i havent done much in SNOW on AMD I only really had a problem with iTunes which leads me to believe that Apple are moving away from the whole CPUID situation. Its just that iTunes I guess will retain alot of old code (CPUID dependent stuff). Will post more when Ive done more. None of this is gospel just my thought and findings If you KNOW different then say but if you THINK different then please share your thoughts

L8rs LawlessPPC