View Single Post

Old 01-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Cheetah

Hi there,

I am getting an error message after the installation started and wondering if it has something to do with the Empire Efi version, the BIOS settings or my SL installation disk.

The message is "The installer could not copy the necessary support files".
In the installer log: "Failed to verify BaseSystem.pkg". It tries three times and than abort the installation.
A couple of tries before it stopped at verifying the BSD.pkg package.

Im tried the installation with the DVD, but got only Ebios timeout errors, so now I am using Empire Efi and an USB-stick.

The installation hard drive is partitioned and formatted as it is supposed to be.
I also tried copying the packages to the installation disk myself, but still getting the "failed to verify" message.

I tried the earlier Empire Efi versions but got nowhere with them. Just the latest update (empire efi V1085 for intel core processors) brought me to the installation screen, but not any further. I tried the legacy version too.

I also read that I should remove some RAM and so I did. Tried with 8GB, 6GB, 4GB, 2GB, used different slots and so on - didnīt work.

Here my hardware specs:

IntelŪ Core 2 Quad Q9400 4x 2,67GHz 6MB Cache 45nm
nVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 512MB
Mainboard ASUS P5QL-Pro Intel P43 Chipsatz ICH10R
22x DVD/RW Duallayer +/- Multi SH-S223
8GB DDR2 800MHz PC2-6400
500GB SATAII NCQ 16MB Cache 7200rpm

I got no idea, where the problem is coming from (DVD, bios settings, empire efi version)???

Does anyone knoe how to go on from here?

Thanks a lot for any input.

Backpacker