View Single Post

Old 04-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Cheetah

I wanted to quickly update this thread.

I'm currently using my iMac HD image with great success on the new hackmac hardware.

Wrote Chameleon to the drive, added EFI strings for vid card, removed a kext, added a few new ones for wireless/audio/shutdown support. Everything works 100% (aside from sleep). Total time invested: 5-6 hours including assembly.

The other forums out there are pretty messy, there's conflicting advice/articles everywhere. It's challenging to distil the info down to "known working" advice. The contributed noise from the masses is crazy. I almost miss the dark days when nobody was messing with osx86, the days when every second post wasn't someone wanting to be spoon-fed. Generally speaking, most issues can be resolved with a bit of reading and research, and people just don't seem to try.

I hope Infinite Mac continues to evolve in to place with quality posts and articles over quantity.

Hardware is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3L, Gigabyte 9400GT/512mb, 8gb of Kingston something-x 1066 DDR, TP-Link WN-650G wifi, and of course the Q9550.

I had to settle for a video card with a fan. This will need to be fixed, along with a quiet case fan.