View Single Post

Old 03-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by uman View Post
So does Asus use AMW0, or do you need to add that code from AMW0. A WMID kext would be useful as many PC vendors use that interface. uninc's DSDT was hideously intertwined with WMID.
Looks like I still need to go through WMI and ACPI documentation to have better understanding. Then I can make this successful.
Quote:
I'm not sure, but given that the ACPI 4.0 spec devotes pages and pages to battery and power issues, I think it is at least possible. I also intend to try to solve this (but it's a lower priority for me because my laptop battery is toast anyway). I tried VoodooBattery, which worked great (it told me my battery was toast, lol), but then it kernel panic'ed HARD and I had to repair my disk, so I won't be using that again.
Yeah, it's a low priority for me too. Just playing around.

I guess to make it working, maybe need to determine which query method it use. I said that because I found that there are query method that called ADP1 & BAT0 device. Just don't know what it do & what it contribute to battery detection.
Quote:
I still don't understand how query methods are executed, nor how they are bound to some device. ACPI says: And then they discuss it more with a completely unhelpful example. Oh wait, the acpi implementers guide is more helpful:
I'm going to grab the acpi implementers guide.
Quote:
DSDT is fun but time consuming!
I agree.

1) Retail Mac OS X 10.6 ** Acer Aspire 9420 Intel C2D T5600 ** 4GB DDR2 ** NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 128MB ** Dell Wireless 1395 (rebrand to AirPort Extreme) ** ALC883
2) Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit ** Dell Studio 1557 Intel Core i7 720QM ** 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz ** ATI HD4570 512MB ** Intel WiFi 5300 ** Seagate Momentus 5400.6 SATA 3Gb/s 320-GB Hard Drive 5400RPM ** WLED 1366x768 15.6"
3) Retail Mac OS X 10.5.6 + Vista Ultimate ** Acer Aspire 3680 Intel Celeron M 440
** Linksys WPC54G v3.1 ** ALC883