View Single Post

Old 04-18-2009, 03:29 AM
Puma

thanks, I'm losing my head over this... I probably sound like a crazy person on this end, but after awhile and a few forums & a ton of replies that've had me running n circles... I'm tired out.
Lenovo s10 2gb ram 320gb hd. Used 2usb drives, the dellminiboot with dellefi, a retail copy from mac box set 10.5.6 I had iLife and iWork 09 installed on it. My install had a few bumps but worked very well, sleep, sound, wifi, track pad, 75sec or less boot time. Ok my last use I installed and used candybar to change the finder icon to the finder with pirate patch. Rebooted and everything was smooth. After spending the week get 200 gb of photos and iTunes organized I was happy to say I was complete, it was 1am and I wanted to do timemachine backup so I had a perfect starting point. I didn't want to wait the hour until it finished and it wouldve done hourly backups all night. I scheduled a shut down for 3am. Next morning it wouldn't pass the grey apple screen. Biggest prob is now, it is my only computer... With it shut down I've no access to the net other than my iPhone.
What I've tried:
- bought an external DVD drive, tried to boot to get to disk utility. It mustve skipped the USB DVD drive and went to boot from the mac os x hd- stuck on grey apple screen.
-tried to use the dellminiboot etc again for a reinstall, it said no OS found
-I took the hd out tried to boot from the external DVD. It said something about pxe and to check wires
- Booted with -v gave a 2page list. How would I post it all or is there a particular I'm looking for