View Single Post

Old 11-01-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfoav8or View Post
@ FirstHackTosh -

use the Install DVD for OSx86 (your favorite distro) to boot up.
Open Disk Utility and partition your hard drive into 4 partitions with a MBR partition scheme (in Options).
format the 1st partition to HFS+ and the other 3 to FAT and name accordingly.
Reboot your computer into the windows install dvd/cds and install each accordingly to their respective partition (no particular order as it won't matter later, and yes you can reformat each windows partition to ntfs in windows).
Install OS X with the Install DVD and customize (if you have the ability to install ntfs read/write ability in the installer, do so).

(The following is only to be used if chameleon wasn't installed in OS X as the bootloader)
When you boot OS X for the first time, use the Install DVD and let the timer count down. When it is done it will skip to your hard drive and boot it instead. Once booted up, install chameleon to your OS X partition.

This should work as it is how I was able to use windows and mac on one drive before I got rid of windows completely.

Good luck.
Hello :-)
I went on holiday. Now I'm back from Austria.

Everything is fine. I used the Disk Utility to partition the HD.

Rebooted in Vista and it came to a "green screen of death". No error message, installation stopped ... ? Don't know why, any tipps?

Then I started in XP, installation is running.

One more question:
and yes you can reformat each windows partition to ntfs in windows

Can I reformat on the XP installation start screen or have I to install XP first?

Thanks
FHT