InfiniteMac OSx86  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Tiger

Hi guys,

I gave up on AMD cause I was fed up with putting all my time into getting a fully working AMD install. It was close to perfection but the crashes and patching after every major app install is not a fun way to use OSX.
I've been with AMD OSX86 since JAS 10.4.8 so has been nice.
AMD's arent dead yet mind you, my rig was flying in Vista and XP. Well OSX too for that matter but it was too unstable. I'm doing a lot of audio and photography work and can't afford to loose anything.
This Intel system has to last me at least 5 years. I'm not playing any games anymore the last few months so 5 years will be easy to manage for audio and photography work.
Respect to all who release AMD installs and make it possible for AMD users to try the OS too!

It seems the magic fix for unstability issues on AMD's seems to be idlehalt=0 (I did not even try it) but be warned, it will raise your temps up to 10 degrees.

Good luck and try to have fun, take care lads

Snow Leopard 10.6.7  Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P  Intel Q6600 @ 3Ghz  Corsair CM2X2048-6400DHX  Gigabyte HD5770 Silent Cell  Samsung SyncMaster 2494SW  ALC889a  Creative T5400 5.1  Maxtor 380215AS  Pioneer DVR-215D  Presonus Inspire 1394  KRK Rokit 5  Wacom Bamboo One 
 SL USB Guide => http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide...k-drive-t3705/ 